‘Less worried mind’ - for healthy living
"DONT WORRY BE HAPPY" - Bobby Mcpherrin
The problem of worry is one that urgently needs a solution.
A strong feeling of anxiety causes worry.
As per the article by Mr. Lee E. Warren B.A., D.D., in a worried state of mind, the biochemistry of the blood and the cells are affected. This is due to the mind-body connection for they operate as one. When the mind worries about a situation, the brain picks up these thoughts and produces an amalgamation of electrical and chemical reactions that affect the body in many ways. Many modern day illnesses such as anxiety and stress can be traced to incessant forms of worry. Effects of worry can be divided in three levels of its manifestations: physical, psychological and spiritual.
- In the physical body, the autonomic (involuntary) nervous system reacts to the brain activity and causes blood pressure to rise, pulse, heart and respiratory rate to increase.
- On a psychological level, the brain reacts to worried thoughts in one’s mind about the situation. This is the result of one’s psychology conditioning. Even though some people are more prone to worry due to their genetic makeup, their psychological conditioning has a great part to play in worrying. Modern medicine only accepts the physical and psychological aspect of worry.
- By leaving out the spiritual component of worry, modern medicine cannot fully understand the operation of the principle of worry. Yet they realize prayer and meditation, which are spiritual techniques, can arrest the situation. Many researchers have proved that prayer and meditation works. Many people do not even consider faith as beneficial medicine. Most doctors think that faith makes no difference while others think otherwise. So, who's right? Can faith do wonders? Does having something to believe in make us live longer and healthier?
Here are some very useful quotes, collected from Newspaper and from net surfing, which by itself a medicine to overcome worry!
- "We are, perhaps, uniquely among the earth's creatures, the worrying animals. We worry away our lives." - Lewis Thomas
- "There are two days in the week about which and upon which I never worry... Yesterday and Tomorrow." - Robert Jones Burdette
- “Fools worry; the wise prepare” - Duane Alan Hahn
- "A day of worry is more exhausting than a day of work." - John Lubbock
- “Don’ worry about the world coming to an end today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia” - Charles Schulz
- "The mind is man’s best friend or his worst enemy." AN OLD CHINESE/S SAYING
- "Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy." - Leo F. Buscaglia
- "As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can." - Julius Caesar
- “Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning” - Winston Churchill
- "Worry is interest paid on trouble before it falls due." - William R. Inge
The cause of worry has made many to turn to alternative forms of medicine such as meditation, physical exercise, visualization, and prayer. Prayer is a solution to all problems including worry, but it requires faith in the God!
<!-- Kontera ContentLinkTM -->