Life 101: To Be Number One
Being number one is so important to many people.
I admit, I aspire to be number one in everything I do.
In human history, there are many bittersweet stories about people who achieved their dreams but didn't sustained their achievements up to the last breath of their earthly lives.
As Life 101 continue to impart unforgettable events that changed many ordinary lives, our idols in business and politics also received lots of rejection before achieving their success.
Episodes at the limelight can be blinding that one momentarily forgets that he/she is still on the ground.
To Be Number One
The Allure of Number One
They were wholesome people when they first achieved success but they became another persona when they've been floating up there, at the pinnacle of their careers.
- Elvis Presley - He was dubbed as King of Rock & Roll.
- Ernest Hemingway - He was number one in the field of Literature.
- George Eastman of KODAK Fame. He was number one in the field of film and photography.
- Howard Hughes was number one in aviation and film production.
- Paul Getty was number one in oil.
Let's find out what happened to them after gaining success or grabbing the number one spot in their chosen career.
- Because of depression. The King of Rock & Roll (Elvis) would stuff himself up a week's supply of pizza and swallow up everything in one meal until he gained weight fast.
- Mr. Hemingway killed himself with a shotgun.
- Eastman pulled out a pistol in the privacy of his room and committed suicide.
- Mr. Hughes lived a miserable life and died as a reclusive person, afraid of germs, man and life.
- Getty had everything but said, he would "gladly give one half of everything" he has if only he could find someone who will really love him.
There can only be one Number One and He's the King, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Trusting Him makes us soar at the same time guides us to a safe landing into His nest and presence for all our lives.
-Francis Kong, world renown Filipino lecturer, motivational speaker and businessman.
There are pointers to stay number one for a long time.
As it is the closest cousin of success, therefore, one should know how to:
- achieve significance on how to be number one
- enjoy life and understand its purpose
- learn much but maintain humility
- being happy is an self-help motivation
- appreciate life as gift from the Author of Life.
Speaking of Number Ones
- Why China Will be Number One
After four years of living and working in China, the author takes a look at why he things China will rise to be a world leader in the near future.
- Don't Strive To Be Number One
Life is multi-dimensional. You can excel in some dimensions only. People want to be #1 even in being modest. Imagine somebody being the best at being nobody. A Sufi Parable is very much relevant on this. In this parable
- How My Website Got to Number One on Google in Less t...
My first business website got to the number one spot in Google search in less than a month. Find out how you can do that with your site.
More by this Author
Herbs and Spices Almanac is my personal journey in collecting local valuable herbs. I also share whatever new ideas or medical breakthrough those herbs will impart in the medical community and help those in needs.
Have you heard about the popularity of Coco Juice os Buko Juice in the USA today? Americans are craving for this health juice drink instead of soda in order to combat obesity and other health deficiencies. Read more...
Water Bonsai is the latest fad in home gardening. The beautiful twist is that you can grow the saplings of your choice inside your home due to a technology initiated by a Filipino inventor, Edwin dela Torre.