History of Tallest Skyscrapers Over The Last 100 Years
ID012Click thumbnail to view full-size
History and Making of Tallest Skyscrapers
Give your vote best Architecture?See results without voting
Cities with most Skyscrapers
1.Hong kong ,China 188
2.New York City,USA 184
The worlds tallest building is the Taipei-101 located in Xinyi District,Taipei,Taiwan.Taipei-101 is the tallest completed skyscrapers according to the council of taller building.It has 101 stories above groundlevel & 5 flours underground.The building is based on the design of a traditional chinese Pagoda and has double-ducker lifts,these are the fastest lift ever built which travel at 1,010m a mintue.Taipei-101 is designed by C.Y Lee Partners & constructed by KTRT Joined Venture and Samsung Engineering&Construction.
CN Tower-Tallest Structure
The worlds tallest free-standing structure on land is the CN Tower in Toronto,Canada with a measture of 553.33m to the top of its antenna.The CN Tower also has the worlds highest graffiti.It has painted-with permission-in 1976 by 20,000 children before the antenna was lifted into the position by computer.The CN Tower was declared as one of the modern Seven Wonders of the World by the American Society of Civil Engineers.Now the Tower was surpassed in height, by the still under construction Barj Dubai ,after holding the record for 31 years.
The Eiffel Tower
Until 1930,the Eiffel Tower,Paris,france,was the world’s tallest building.It is one of the most visited monument of the world which is designed by the engineer Gustave Eiffel who also built the framework of the Statue of Liberty.The Eiffel Tower in paris, was built as a temporary structure for 1889 Paris Universal Exposition.The construction work of the tower was completed within two years , two months, and five days with an aid of 300 steel workers.More than 200 million people have visited the tower.The tower was so popular that it has been there ever since.The Eiffel Tower features in many films,including James Bond film.
- The Eiffel tower is 300.5 m tall -320.8m with its antenna,but we can expand/shrink by up to 15cm depending on how hot/cold it is.
- The tower’s 2,20,000sq m of surfaces are hand painted with 60 tonnes of paint(last painted in 2003).
- The Eiffel Tower contains 18,038 pieces of steel connected by 2.5 million rivets,weighing a total of 7,175 tonnes.
- Tower contains 1,665 steps with attractive publicity-seeking climbers.Although most take the lifts.
- The tower is lit by 352-1000 watt projectors&20,000lights.
THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
The Empire State Building took over the title as “world’s tallest building”from the
Chrysler Building,and quickly became a focal point of New York tourism.The
Empire State Building was built upon the Art Deco style by Shreve,Lamb&Harmon
and it opened its doors on May1,1931 by remote control,when president Herbert
Hoover pressed a button in Washington DC.It tooks only 410 days at a rate of
41/2 flours a week to complete.The record as the worlds tallest building remained
until the twin towers of the World Trade center were completed.
- The Empire State Building is about 381m from ground level and further 16.7m is below ground and it measures 443.2m to the top of the TV tower.
- The Empire State building is made of 54,431-tonne steel frame,tonne million tricks and 662tonnes of aluminium , stainless steel and 73 lift.
- It contains 3,194,547 light bulbs,80kms of radiator pipes and 113kms of pipes.
- The total building cost of Empire State Building was $40,948,900.
- On St Valentine’s
day,couples can marry on the 80th floor.
More by this Author
It cover the evolution of mobile communications from 1st generation to 5th generation .Now almost all the service providers as well as the customers seek for availing these 3G and 4G services.
There are many advantages of using baby walker. One is to be proud of giving a valuable gift to the babies and the baby will be happy inside it. So if we put the baby in walker then parents can do all the works without...
Even professionals have had difficulty determining if a diamond is real or not. You can use a diamond tester to test the purity of diamonds