List of top 10 best Engineering colleges and university in Delhi, NOIDA, Gurgoan and NCR
This hub is about the List of Top 10 Best Engineering colleges and university in Delhi, NOIDA and Gurgoan collectively known as NCR region. I am also from Delhi and when I finished my 12th, I wanted to study near my hometown mainly because of monetary reasons but also because I don't want to leave my parents and friends. There are many good and world class engineering colleges in Delhi and NCR which I will list down below. I will not include IITs as they are in different league all together. Also, I will mostly focus on Engineering universities rather than colleges and then list out few good colleges affiliated to them near NCRs
1. Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi Technological University)
When it comes to top engineering college in Delhi apart from IITs, then nothing beats Delhi College of Engineering. The college was established as Delhi Polytechnic in 1941 to fill the need of trained technical personnel. The institute was situated in Kashmere Gate where it stood for a long time (around 55 years) before shifting to its new 150 acre campus at Bavana. However the college really started engineering programs from 1952 when it got afliated from Delhi University. In 2009, It was awarded the autonomous university status and renamed as Delhi Technological University, DTU.
The college provided following degree level programs:
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Science
- Doctor of philosophy
- Bachelor of Technology
Contact details for Delhi College of Engineering or DTU
Formerly Delhi College of Engineering,
Main Bawana Road, Delhi-110042. Website: http://www.dce.edu Email: email@example.com
Delhi Technical University or DCE official video
2. Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (NSIT)
NSIT was started under the Faculty of Technology, Delhi University in 1983 when it started the Engineering courses in Electronics and Communication. Then in 1987, it was names Delhi Institute of Technology and started various post graduate courses in 1989. Till 1997 the institute operated from the old building in IG block, Kasmere gate until it moved to its new campus in Dwarka which was inaugurated by Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee.Until 2009, NSIT shared its syllabus and admission test with Delhi College of Engineering now known as DIT. Once DCE was given autonomous university status, NSIT was left as only Engineering college under Delhi University.
Admission in NSIT used to be done the basis of test conducted by DCE until 2008. From 2009, NSIT started using AIEEE exams ranking for admission conducted by Central board of Secondary examination, CBSE. 85% of the seats are reserved for students in National Capital region. Remaining 15% are taken from all India on merit basis from AIEEE rankings.
NSIT Delhi or DIT official video
3. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University was established by government of NCT in 1998. The University is recognized by UGC. Also known as IP university, it is one of the prestigious technical university in Delhi and NCR region. It started in Old DCE campus in Kashmere Gate, however moved to its new Campus in Dwarka, sector 16. A total of 100 technical institutes are affiliated to GGSIPU out of which 76 are private and 24 are owned and managed by the government.
Address and Contact details:
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Sector - 16C Dwarka
Delhi - 110078, India
Fax.: +91-11- 25302111
Admission is based on the ranking of CET (Common admission test) conducted by the university. Admission to all the government institutes and affiliated colleges are through CET only. Notifications of the test are published in all the leading national newspaper by month of Jan-Feb. CET is conducted in month of May-June and results are declated by June - July. A good thing about the CET is that you don't have to wait for the test roll number or admit card after submitting the application form. You get the admit card at the same window where you submit the roll number.
GGSIPU Annual Fest Anoogoonj
More to Come.. --- Keep watching this space
More by this Author
decide which MBA specialization to choose,best specialization program which are ever green and are recognized through out the world's industry.specialized program offered by most of the universities and choosing a...
This hub is about the Top 10 MBA colleges in the world. Best MBA School in Europe, UK, US . Top MBA school, Top best MBA college. IF you have any question like which is the best college for MBA in world of from where I...
- 0What (How) to write in Company leaving drinks invite email to office Colleagues and friends -Leaving Drink mail Template
you are not sure how to format the leaving drink invite email. you want to leave a good impression through your last email how you can prepare and format your leaving drinks invite email. Specify clearly the occasion...