Louisiana crazy laws, trivia and fun facts
Crazy Louisiana Laws
- It is illegal for a woman to drive a car unless her husband is waving a flag in front of it.
- You are not allowed to mock a contestant at a boxing math.
- Mourners at a wake cannot eat more than three sandwiches.
- It is illegal to gargle in public.
- It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.
- Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.
- Biting someone with your natural teeth is considered simple assault. But if you bite someone with your false teeth is is considered aggravated assault.
- You can end up in jail for up to ten years for stealing an alligator.
- In Lafayette, Louisiana it is illegal to play a musical instrument with the purpose of attracting attention without a license.
- Taxi drivers beware. It is unlawful to make love in the front seat of the taxi during their shift.
Louisiana trivia and fun facts
- The town of Jean Lafitte was once a hideaway for pirates.
- The Cherie Quarters Cabins, built about 1840, are still standing on the historic River Lake Plantation in Pointe Parish, Louisiana. They are a rare example of a single story slave cabin, there are two still standing.
- Louisiana is the only state that has parishes instead of counties.
- The staircase at Cretien Point Plantation was copied for the plantation Tara in Gone With The Wind.
- Breaux Bridge is known as the "Crawfish Capital" of the world.
- The only port in the nation that is capable of offloading the world's largest supertankers is the Louisian Offshore Oil Port. It is located in a deepwater part of the Gulf of Mexico.
- The longest bridge over water in the world is 24 miles long and is located in Metairie, Louisiana.
- The oldest surviving 18th and 19th century sugar plantation in America is in Laurel Valley Village, Louisiana.
- Terrebonne Parish has been rated, for three years in a row, as the best place to live in Louisiana by Money Magazine.
- Myrtles Plantation in St Francisville is said to be one of the most haunted houses in America. This plantation was built around 1796 and has quite a spirited history.
- Louisiana Edition - Urban Legends, Monsters And Haun...
Long before hurricane Katrina brought forth the tales of sharks and alligators swimming through the flooded streets of new Orleans in 2005, there already existed a vast amount of urban legends and ghost stories involving the State of Louisiana. From
- Louisiana Music Festivals: The Top Worth the Travel
Are you looking for some amazing festivals celebrated in Louisiana, but do not know where to start? Take a look at the ones showcased here and click on the links that i have provided for many more. You are sure to learn the ropes of Louisiana festiva
- New Orleans Louisiana
New Orleans Louisiana; Cajuns, Mardi Gras, Voodoo, Jazz, the French Quarter, Storyville, hurricanes, floods, the Mississippi River, the Big Easy. Explore the unusual history of this incredible place.
- Top Ten Destination Spots in Louisiana
Ten great places to see while visiting Louisiana.
More by this Author
Montana is one of the most beautiful states I've seen. The mountains, streams, and lakes make it a nature lovers dream.
Everyone knows about Las Vegas, Nevada. We all know it's the favorite place to visit. Did you know that 80% of all visitors to Las Vegas return for another visit?
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.