Motivational Quotes That Will Change Your Life
Motivation, the desire to achieve a goal, is the key to getting things done and obtaining success. As Wayne Gretzky once said, "One Hundred percent of the shots you don't make, don't score." So unless you work on your goals, you will never reach them.
There are many ways of scoring or of reaching your objectives, and what you may consider a success others may consider a failure. But the common denominator is that you must be motivated to do something. Without it, you will sink into apathy and lethargy.
So how can you get motivated? I have found that reading quotes by people who have achieved success allows me to add some of their spark to my own life. Quotes are quotable because they capture and essential truth; so the words of wisdom from people who have achieved success and have been motivated to work harder and longer to make their dreams come true are often short treatises on the subject: you can learn more from a 10 word quote about motivation by someone who knows what they are talking about, than by reading a huge text book. Here you will find a collection of amazing motivational quotes.
Choices - Inspiration and Motivation
- Don't focus on the past. It doesn't equal your future.
- Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you do not have time to criticize others. -- Christian Larsen
- Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only an empty head and empty heart can do that. -- Norman Vincent Peele
- You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do. -- Henry Ford
- When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. -- Franklin Roosevelt
- The main thing to do is to keep the main thing the main thing. - Steven Covey
- Whatever you are, be a good one. -- Abraham Lincoln
- The things that count in life can't always be counted and the things that can be counted don't always count.
- Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but by how we react to what happens
- Determination and perseverance move the world. - Colonel Sanders
More by this Author
Ants are amazing - but are they intelligent? Does the fact that ants built complex cities and societies, farm other insects and raise crops mean that they have intelligence or is it all instinct?
Bullies come in all shapes, sizes and ages. Often the bullies you had to deal with in high school, continue being bullies as adults and in the workplace. What can you do to defend yourself?
Can cloning bring back extinct animals and species such as dinosaurs or mammoths? What used to be science fiction is closer to becoming reality. But should we use cloning to tinker with nature?