New Jobs for America In Aviation and Aerospace to 2022
Martian Colonies 2018 - 2035
The Earth's populations rose in numbers during the 2010s to such a point at which hundreds of people volunteered to colonize Mars in a mission from which they could not return.
After analysis and cuts, a final dozen individuals were placed before the public in a game show format during their astronaut training. The public would choose the final crew to Mars.
The project is that of a Dutch company called Mars One, whose leadership planned to place a lander full of supplies on the planet in October 2016 and a new Mars rover in 2018.
Carefully chosen crews of two males and two females each of pioneers were planned for travel to Mars in missions occurring every two years. The latest plans include a manned flight launched in 2022 with a landing seven months later in 2023 (Reference: Ben Brumfield and Elizabeth Landau. CNN. August 9, 2013). The next flight would be in 2024 - 2026.
At the same time, a billionaire planned to send a married couple to Mars in 2018, several years ahead of America's NASA plans for colonization in the early 2030s, envisioned by the past TV series Mars. By 2035, who would actually be settled on the Red Planet?
Mars One Says:
"No new inventions are needed to land humans on Mars."
"We will certainly not send couples."
Mars One would like the SpaceX Dragon capsules to be included in the project, and for the events from the first training group of astronauts forward through many decades to be televised "like the Olympics."
If you want to work on Mars or in Space, be Definite, Confident and Flexible
Working and living in outer space comprise a life-or-death occupation at this point in aerospace development.
Those who want to work in space should know themselves well, have good analytically skills and the ability to make decisions, have effective communications skills, be time conscious, be effective and even innovative during a crisis, and be flexible in attitude. They should also be a little daring and want to have fun at new adventures.
While many of the discoveries and experiments of the US Shuttle Program have increased the quality of life on Earth (see NASA Spinoffs), the quality of life in space is more difficult to improve. The year long experience of the Kelly twin astronauts (including Gabby Gifford's husband) in space for a year during 2015 - 2016 will begin to show us whether the human body can survive in low gravity without massive deterioration of many bodily systems over a prolonged period.
This is a popular film from back in 1951. Will it come true in 2023? - Four men and a woman crash land on the Mars after severe damage in a meteor storm to their ship.
International Space University (ISU)
The International Space University is a nonprofit institution of higher learning for the development of outer space for peaceful purposes. Coursework includes: a Master of Science in Space Studies (MSS) and the Executive MBA.
Interdisciplinary, Intercultural, and International Training
INTERNATIONAL SPACE UNIVERSITY is an institution founded on the vision of a peaceful, prosperous and boundless future through the study, exploration and development of Space for the benefit of all humanity.— ISUnet.edu
International Space University (ISU)
Founded in 1987, The International Space University (ISU) is a nonprofit institution of higher learning for the development of outer space for peaceful purposes. Coursework includes:
- Master of Science in Space Studies (MSS)
- Executive MBA
- Space Studies Program (SSP) annual seminars - Extended to two months in Montreal during Summer 2014.
Located in France, this institution has North American offices at:
ISU North American Office
PO Box 7470
Arlington, VA 22207
Phone: (202) 997-4910
Selected Outer Space Internships and Jobs
- Jobs Of the Future - Stellar Cartographers Needed
We may dream about far off places and new kinds of jobs that do not yet exist, but the emergence of space age jobs is surprising.
- SpaceX Dragon2 Space Taxi Needs Drivers
Before the US Shuttle Period ended, NASA lost no time in contracting with private firms to manufacture spacelineers and space taxis to take astronauts to the ISS and to carry passengers and freight on recreational journeys. (Next stop, Mars!) Read ab
- United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs Job and Internship Opportunities
The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) looks for qualified, energetic professionals in a wide range of fields.
SpaceX - First To the ISS
Space Taxis To the ISS
SpaceX accepted an agreement with NASA in mid-December 2015 to send two Dragon capsules to the International Space Station every year.
Job Titles for Work in Air and Space
Aerospace Product and Parts Manufacturing - This is a major category of jobs that falls under the heading of Transportation and Wartehousing in the US Bureau of Labor Statistics records. Many job titles fall under this subheading.
As of April 1, 2014 America had over 502,000 people working in aerospace production at an average wage of $34.65 per hour. Between 2012 - 2022, the increase in total available jobs in Transportation and Warehousing is to reach 3,273,000 openings. See below for related increased in Aerospace and Aviation.
Others of the highest demand jobs in Aerospace and Aviation include the following titles:
- Aerospace Engineers - We will see an increase from 83,000 employed in 2012 to 89,100 in 2022, the addition of 6,100 slots and 2,540 openings, new and replacements, annually.
- Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians - 3,560 annual vacancies.
- Airline Pilots, Copilots, and Flight Engineers - 1,920 annual vacancies.
- Engineering Technicians, not including Drafters - 1,460 jobs yearly.
- Assemblers of Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems - 910 annual vacancies.
- Airfield Operations Specialists - 350 jobs.
- Aerospace Engineering and Operations Technicians - At least 210 jobs yearly.
- Air Traffic Controllers - 140 jobs. This probably does not consider needs at our North American Spaceports, which are many.
- Astronomers - 90 jobs.
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors - 190 jobs.
SpaceX: Man On Mars for only $500,000
Additional High Demand Job Clusters
Aerospace and aviation jobs will need the services and products of the following larger employment sectors, at average wages from top to bottom of the list (highest to lowest) of $65.47/hour to $15.08/hour:
- Legal Occupations
- Life, Physical, and Social Sciences - Bioengineering will become more important.
- Computer and Mathematics Specialties
- Architecture and Engineering
- Sales and Related Jobs
- Healthcare Practitioners and Technicians
- Business and Financial Operations
- Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations - For example, artists are needed to design mission logos and several other items.
- Education and Training - This includes public and private institutions and aerospace companies, many of which are in the NASA Commercial Crew.
- Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
- Transportation and Material Moving
- Protective Services
- Construction and Extraction
- Office and Administrative Support
- Food Prep and Service
- Building and Grounds Maintenance
Space Architecture: Building Space Habitats and Work Spaces
Aerospace Engineers and Engineering Technicians
America will need at least 89,000 Aerospace Engineers and thousands of related technicians by 2022.
Meteorite Men - Cool Jobs in Science
Space Exploration and Work In the Near Future
- Final Frontiers: Surgery In Outer Space
The push to the Moon and Mars is a reality in the 2010s. If an astronaut needs surgery while in outer space, what do we do - is Space Medicine able to provide a solution?
- Space Scholarships and NASA's "Stuff" On the Moon
The US Space Program is not only alive, it is so far ahead of schedule that NASA issued an edict in May 2012 for other explorers in America as well as international space agencies to leave their offloaded materials and equipment alone when they reach
- US Space Exploration Opens to Teachers, Students and the Public
Brent Spiner, Lt. Commander Data from the popular Star Trek saga, and others have joined a leading Space Mining company to guide the American public into participation in space exploration.
© 2014 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
In 1963, on June 16 - 19, one woman made space history in a number of ways. Today, she is active in politics and an official Hero of Russia and several other countries. She is also a top engineer.
The Atlantic magazine names Houston the Top Jobs Creator in America in 2013. Healthcare and Government are the largest employers, while the Professions, Aerospace, and Green Industries are thriving.
I have learned much from my Polish American friends about the important of Easter in their culture, friendships, families, and faith. Please enjoy the recipes and information.