Nursery Admissions in Delhi Schools - RTE Guidelines Create More Chaos
Delhi parents become more upset and confused after release of RTE admission guidelines by HRD ministry on November 23, 2010. Most parents in admissionsnursery forum have been found saying that RTE admission guidelines have been framed solely for the benefit of schools and not for parents. The guidelines are created in such a manner that schools will be able to take full advantage of the lottery system and/or random selection process. All the point systems including distance from schools, alumni, sibling criteria, parent’s education and employment status or profession, etc. have been removed from the guidelines noting that 25% admissions will be done on the basis of draw of lots for weaker sections of society and 75% will be done according to the schools criteria. Delhi parent’s community says that these guidelines by government are just like an old story in a new book and have been perfectly framed for the benefits of Delhi schools and not parents.
After going through all the latest guidelines of RTE and news released by admissionsnursery.com, it remains clear that for nursery admission in Delhi schools:
- The school management will not conduct any interviews or do any interaction with parents and/or kids.
- Nursery admissions will be done on a random basis.
- Still preference can be given to kids living nearby and kids having siblings in the same school where admission is sought.
- Parent’s profession and education will not be taken into consideration.
- School is free to build its own criteria for selection of 75% of nursery admission candidates.
- Lottery system will be conducted for weaker section, which will be only 25%, which means that if a class has 100 students, 25% of students will be selected via lottery system.
But still these are not perfect admission guidelines released by school government, as these are still many questions of confused Delhi parents (including me), which have still not been answered via the guidelines namely:
- How will school conduct the random selection process, based on lottery system or a computer draw?
- What will be nursery admission age criteria? Whether it will be 3+ or 4+?
- What are the starting and ending dates of nursery admission process, still December 15 to March 31 just like year 2009-2010 or it has changed?
Due to the above questions, parents of 3 to 4 plus year old kids are still in dilemma and are interacting with each other on a continuous basis via online forums and social networking sites like facebook and orkut, so that they find a conclusion to this never-ending problem.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: NURSERY ADMISSIONS IN DELHI WILL START FROM JANUARY 1, 2010 AND NOT DECEMBER 15 2010. Here is the link to Hindustan Times News Article confirming the news, Nursery admissions from Jan 1
Also the same news have been broadcasted at Aaj Tak, India's premium news channel.
More by this Author
F-35 Lightening from USA, UK, Norway, Australia LCA Tejas from India JAS Gripen from Sweden F-16 Falcon from USA Below are a few characteristics and pros and cons of the above-mentioned aircraft. This is not a...
Presented here is a list of 11 costliest fighters jets on earth with pictures and brief history of course.....
In very simple terms, PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a genetic problem with various hormonal manifestations. It presents with a rainbow of symptoms, including: difficulty losing weight, a tendency to gain...