Ovidius University Medical School of Constanta Romania/Universities and Colleges Admission Center
A little note about UOC.
Ovidius University Constanta was founded in 1961. The medical faculty was established on: HGR no. 225/7.03.1990, Its medical school is one of the youngest in the country but also one of the modernized medical school among Romanian universities. It currently holds English programs for Medicine.
Courses of study for medical students.
- First year - Anatomy & Embryology, Physiology, Biophysics & medical physics, Biochemistry, Cellular & Molecular Biology, Medical informatics & Biostatistics, Behavioral sciences, Foreign languages & Romanian language for foreign students, Sports, Optional Disciplines (Anthropology, Congenital malformation & Anatomical variations), Methodology of individual informatics study.
- Second Year - Neuroanatomy, Topographical, clinical & radiological Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, Medical genetics, Microbiology, Parasitology, Virology, Methodology & scientific Research, Immunology, Foreign languages & Romanian language for foreign students, Sports, Practice, Optional discipline: medical devices
- Third year - Pathophysiology, Morphopathology, Pharmacology, Surgical semiology, Internal medicine, Medical semiology, Primary assistance of healthcare, Practice, Optional disciplines: Microsurgery & Teratology.
- Fourth year - Hygiene & environmental health, Oncology, General surgery, Anesthesia & intensive care, Orthopedics & Traumatology, Urology, E.N.T, Radiology & Medical imagistic, Internal Medicine, Pneumoftiziology, Medicine of labor & professional disease, Oral-maxillo facial surgery, Optional disciplines: Toxicology, Medicine of Transfusion, Homeopathy and Romanian culture & Civilization for foreign students.
- Fifth year - Clinical Biochemistry, History of medicine, ethics & medical deontology, Ophthalmology, Internal medicine, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Endocrinology, Diabetic- nutrition diseaes, Pediatrics & Puericulture, Plastic surgery, Pediatric surgery & orthopedics, Practice, Optional disciplines: molecular Genetics & clinical Laboratory.
- Sixth year - Forensic, Public health & sanitary management, Obstetrics, Gynaecology & neonatology, Emergency medicine (Medical & Surgical), Infectious diseases, Epidemiology, Psychiatry, Medical Psychology, Balneophysiolotherapy, Family Medicine, Optional disciplines: Tropical medicine, epidemiology of non contagious diseases
Clinical parasitology and psychopharmacology.
Tuition, Financial aid and Cost of living
Annual tuition fees in medical schools in Romanian Universities range from one university to the other. Undergraduate - 3600 - 5000 Euros (Per Year)
This fee includes tuition, Laboratory fees and Clinical rotations at the various hospitals.
Postgraduate Programs - 3800-4200 EUROS (Per Year).
There are two scholarships avalaible for foreign students.
- University Scholarship - The university offers scholarship to outstanding students who attain a grade point of 8 and above. The university scholarship involves both tuition fee and a monthly allowance. Status of this scholarship is only maintained if the student maintains hi/her grades.
- Government scholarship. The Romanian government offers scholarship to foreign students that study in Romanian language. This scholarship can only be obtained through the Ministry of Education and Research Romania. Read more.
Cost of living in Constanta is relatively cheap compared to other western countries. Monthly expenses can range from $500 - $1000.
Ovidius University medical school, Constanta. Romania
Applications for 2010/2011 session.
UOC uses ECTS(European credit transfer system). Transfer students can apply to study in Ovidius university medical school of Constanta.
Constanta is one of the oldest cities in Romania, founded around 600 BC. The city is located in the Dobruja region of Romania, on the Black Sea coast. It is the capital of Constanţa County and the largest city in the region.
The city of Constanța is one of the most important in Romania, one of four roughly equal-size cities which rank after Bucharest. It has the second largest metropolitan area in Romania, after Bucharest.
The Port of Constanţa is the largest port on the Black Sea, and one of the largest ports in Europe. Read more.
Comments 1 comment
- CONSTANTA, Romania - Official Travel and Tourism Information
CONSTANTA, Romania - Romanian National Tourist Office, official information website regarding travel to Constanta, Transylvania, Romania. Provides travel information, brochures, maps and pictures for Romania. Constanta: airports, trains, hotels and a
More by this Author
- 34Top Romanian universities (List of best medical schools) - Universities and Colleges Admission Center Romania.
Universities and Colleges Admission Center Romania - UCAC Romania Universities and Colleges Admission Center Romania - UCAC Romania Universities and Colleges Admission Center Romania - UCAC Romania Universities and...