Pros and Cons of distance learning (online classes).
What are the pros and cons of distant learning classes? That is really a good question. I've gone to regular school and I have done the whole online route so I do know a thing or two about the pros and cons of this method of schooling. First off, let me tell you that its not easy no matter what type of school you go to.
- Classes can be accelerated. Instead of having a sixteen week class you may have either four or eight weeks of class.
- Some instructors are hard to get ahold of even through email.
- You have to keep motivation up because if you fall behind, its rather hard to catch right back up.
- Usually you can go to your class at your leisure, but usually there is a requirement as to how often you have to be there each week. Some schools may have a set time that you have to go in, but not all of them.
- If you are a shy person in real life, but are more outspoken online, you may be heard better on this method as you do usually stay in contact with members of your class via message board or chat. Sometimes its even both.
- You may actually do better because typically the class size can be smaller.
- You can ask questions on the classes's messageboard and someone will answer it usually if they have the answers that is.
Some Other Things to Know
No matter what, you are in charge of your education. If you fall behind, you will have to work your tail off to get back on track. Both, you can get instructor's help but it also depends on how willing the instructor is. Some are willing to help and others are not even though its their job to direct you into the right direction.
You also need to know what you would benefit from. If you have done the whole physical classroom stint and had a hard time, try distant learning and see if it works for you. Some people do better online than they do when they have a physical classroom. Not everything is for everyone.
More by this Author
When you first learn a new game, it can be confusing at first. Even though, there is a tutorial when you start the Star Trek Online game, sometimes you just need some sort of walk through. I had Beta tested this game...
I've used Photoshop and I've used gimp and many other free graphics programs out there. The first question that you must ask yourself is what are you going to use it for? Are you going to use it for just basic cropping...
College is not high school so please do not think its a walk in the park. Depending on what type of school you are going to, depends on what kind of problems you are going to face. Certain problems, you going to face...