Reflective Journal on roles, responsibilities and boundaries of a teacher - PTLLS
This hub is a reflective journal of what I learned and experienced through the first session on PTLLS.
The main points I have learned from this session / assessment are:
- A teacher's main role is to make students feel at ease, facilitate communication and the overall education process rather than dictating. The teacher has to give the students chances to discuss the topic chosen for that particular session and carry out an initial assessment process to identify the different learning styles within the group as each student has different needs and follows different learning methods.
- That a teacher also has to identify various teaching methods so that all students are included and become part of the session and contribute to the session.
- That a teacher also has to make sure that all students have equal rights to contribute and take part in all activities in the session and also ensure that there is a safe learning environment where they are able to build a trusting and honest relationship with the teacher and their co-students.
- That the main responsibility of a teacher is to keep re-assessing and monitoring the students through assessments, assignments, brain storming sessions, group discussions, seminars, workshops and various other activities continuously, to learn their changing needs.
- The five steps of teachers training cycle are the roles and responsibilities of a teacher in the following:
- Identifying needs and planning
Teachers have to be professional and honest in order for the student to build a safe and trusting relationship, so that they feel comfortable to approach the teacher as and when they need help or guidance, have caution in self-disclosure as it might lead to unwanted disciplinary and safety issues, be observant so that every student is understood and taken care of and their needs in their chosen subject and session is met, be never scared to correct inappropriate behaviour as this will give other students a safe feeling and confidence, take time to respond to uncomfortable questions in order to avoid unacceptable responses and maintain professionalism, keep the class as safe as possible
How I could develop my practical skills as a result of this session / assessment:
As a result of this session, I have learned to identify my students' level and knowledge
- I have understood how to design a course, regarding the number of sessions, contents, time and resources
- I have learned to take into consideration the students' different learning styles for e.g., Learning by Seeing, Listening, Practicing and Applying, how a session has to be presented taking into account what resources will be used and how the session will be delivered, balance between tutor and student involvement so that the teacher does not do all the talking and let the students get involved and engaged in the session.
- I have learned that students have to be assessed at the end of each session by any or few of the assessment methods available, the types of assessments that can be used to assess students, validity and reliability of assessments based on how they will be marked and how they will reflect the learner's understanding of the subject and what will be done with assessment records, for e.g., how it will be used, for what purpose it will be used and how the student will benefit from it and use it for future improvements.
- I have learned to carry out administrative and organisational requirements when it comes to dealing with students' paperwork and commitment to organisations ethics, codes of practice and aims, obtain feedback from students so as to get a better understanding of how they feel about the sessions, what I lack and what can be done to make the sessions better and more beneficial, deal with feedback by reflecting on them and implementing them and also concentrate on the areas of improvements.
P.S: On a kind note, please do not copy anything submitted here and display them in your file. This has been published here, purely to help you gain an idea / understanding of what they expect you to write and how you have to write. You will have to relate to your own subject area, experience in your classroom and lectures while preparing the files. Thank you for your co-operation.
More by this Author
- 2Explain and justify the reasons behind your choice of teaching, learning approaches and use of resources-PTLLS
This hub gives a brief description of how the micro-teaching session was delivered, what resources were used and why they were used.
This hub is solely written bearing in mind helping school kids with their assignments. I have written down briefly with illustrations where possible, what mountains are, how they are formed, the types of mountains and...
A detailed article about necessary liver enzymes, why they increase, what it means, symptoms, and how to lower them and live a healthy life.
No comments yet.