SAVE OUR CORAL REEFS
WHAT IS A CORAL REEF
When you think of coral reefs most of us believe that its plant life under the ocean,oh but That's so incorrect , most reefs aragonite structures made by living organisms, found in Oceanic waters That contain very few nutrients, the major of organisms colonial Cnidarians ,stony corals, which Supports vast variety of plants and animal life, most of the Common reefs live in warm tropical Oceans, but there are some small coral reefs as you get Deeper, in colder water, but are on a Much smaller scale.
LETS SAVE OUR REEFS
In 1998 was a disaster for coral reefs, almost a forth of coral reefs died around the world,these Large productive and various,species play a huge roll in our ecosystems, which supply Territory to whopping 25 % of marinelife, these reefs start to die due to temperatures rising.
Immediate environmental action has to be taken before its too late,there was incredible idea That was first delveloped by an architect named (MR. Hilbertz) designed for new construction Materials , and was later turned into a coral life saving system,for reproducing coral , by using Electricity to suck stone out of water.
This creates conditions which will allow the coral to reproduce about four time faster than Normal, its call mineral accretion.just an amazing ideas that can to help our precious reefs.
Did you know that coral protects our land from erosion and sometimes pieces of coral break Off Reefs and wash up along our shore lines this produces white sandy beaches ,that we have All Come to love, this is done due to bleach in the reefs, which can starve a coral reef and Soon After killing the reef all together ,just by the temperature rising by one degree or more.
Global warming has the biggest effect on our reefs, the EL NINO weather sparked a disaster of Coral-bleaching ever observed ,turning once healthy reefs into dying reefs. a large number of Reefs were lost in just one year due to this herferic climate change.
HOW CAN WE SAVE OUR CORAL REEFS
A vast majority of the world depend on healthy coral reefs,for tourism and food,but there are many causes of reefs dying off today ,and a few of them are from, overfishing, local pollution, And just plan Igrantance on our part, that play a huge roll in our oceans,but the biggest contribution is climate change ,due to carbon dioxide that's absorbed from the atmosphere.
When oceans absorb carbon it becomes more acidic,and damages a huge amount of marine life from lobsters to plankton,and even some see grass, which so many marine life depend on Feeding and reproducing, in coral reef areas
Mostly half of the worlds reefs are still healthy today, but if there aren't serious changes from And environmental standpoint,then there is a good chance we could lose most of our healthy reefs.
HERE ARE A FEW WAYS WE CAN HELP SAVE OUR HEALTHY CORAL REEFS
* Play are roll in supporting oceans, rivers, and coral reefs, its very important to have clean water everywhere.
* If you ever visit coral reefs practice safe diving techniques never touch or pick anything from a reef,also using your anchor, be sure there no reefs below that could be damaged from the anchor.
* Conserve water the less water use the less waste water will run off into our oceans, and pollute them.
* Begin a group that is willing to help clean up garbage and pollutants near our shore lines, that can harm reefs and other sea life.
* Try using organic fertilizers in your lawns and gardens, some pesticides can travel great distances to our oceans , and danger our reefs and sea life.
* Even something simple like planting a tree can help save our oceans they can change the effect of global warming, planting more trees can help reverse the global warming.
* Write to your local government and ask them to take action on the coral reef protection, to stop the sewage polluting water from entering our oceans,and help stop the coral reef crisis.
* Build wastewater gardens in community, schools and homes.
* Think twice before you throw trash on a shoreline, just think of the long term effect you will have on our ocean, for every piece of trash that reaches our ocean.
These are a few simple ways we can help make a huge impact on our coral reefs and ocean life,now is the time to stand up and take action.
LET'S CHANGE OUR REEFS BACK TO THE THE HEALTHY REEFS BELOW
Play a Roll in helping our reefs @ www.saveourreefs.com
WILL YOU PLAY A ROLL IN SAVING OUR CORAL REEFSSee results without voting
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THE GREEN "UP" BUTTON BELOW IF YOU LIKED MY HUB PAGE.
YOUR VOTE IS APPRECIATED
Comments 26 comments
More Hubs By wildsurgg
- HOW TO COOK A PASTA SAUCE FROM SCRATCH
How to Make a Pasta Sauce From Scratch Ingredients 2-bell peppers 1-medium onion 3-Cloves of garlic 1-can of mushrooms (Optional) ½ cup of olive oil Salt Black pepper Oregano...
- My Great Recipe For Lemon Shrimp Scampi Over A Bed O...
Ingredients 1) 2 lbs of either cooked or raw shrimp 2) 2 cups good white wine or cooking wine works to 3) 1 ½ lbs pasta ziti or angel hair 4) 1 ½ sticks of butter could use low salt of low fat ...
- EASY STEAK BOMB CALZONE
EASY STEAK BOMB CALZONE Ingredients 1-Lb fresh dough (store bought) 4-Lbs of shaved steak 1-Can of mushrooms (6 ounces) ¼ Lb of sliced salami 1-Bag of diced frozen peppers/onions ...
- A BAKED STUFFED ROLLED LASAGNA
BAKED STUFFED ROLLED LASAGNA (Ingredients) 1 ½ lbs of Uncooked Lasagna 2-can of tomato sauce (12 ounces)...
- SAUSAGE PEPPERS ONIONS POTATO'S
Sausage Peppers Onions & Potato (Ingredients) 4-lbs good sausages 5-Medium Peppers any color 3-Medium Red onions 4-Medium Red potatoes Grated Cheese (¼ cup) 3- Cloves of fresh...
- A SIMPLE BUFFALO CHICKEN CALZONE
A SIMPLE BUFFALO CHICKEN CLAZONE (INGREDIENTS) 1-LB Fresh Store bought dough 3-Lbs of Boneless Chicken any kind works ½ Lb Mild Provolone cheese ½ Lb Shredded Mozzarella 1-Small...
- Where Have all the Drive-in Theaters Gone
MY STORY OF THE DRIVE-IN THEATERS,AS A KID THERE WASN’T ANYTHING MORE EXCITING DURING A HOT SUMMER DAY, WHEN YOU’RE PARENTS TOLD YOU THAT WE ARE GOING TO THE DRIVE-IN MOVIES THAT NIGHT ,AND I COUNDNT WAIT...
- WEIRD NICK NAMES WE HAD AS KIDS
NICK-NAME (nik'nam') 1. A descriptive name added to or replacing the actual name of a person place or thing . 2. A...
- STAINED GLASS HISTORY
CHURCHES STAINED GLASS HISTORY The beginning of stained glass windows dates very far back in history, the method came from makers of mosaics, and jewelry artistry,...
- STUFFED ARTICHOKES WITH SEAFOOD STUFFING
STUFFED ARTICHOKES WITH SEAFOOD STUFFING SCALLOPS & SHRIMP (INGREDIENTS) 5-Artichokes (good size) 2-Cups of Italian bread crumbs ½ cup of Grated cheese ¼ Cup olive oil 1-bag of frozen...
More by this Author
WITHOUT HEAVY CREAM HOME MADE CHICKEN ZITI BROCCOLI INGREDIENTS...
when we think of tires ,most of us would probably think of small passenger cars tires, as we are use to seeing all the time, But did you know, our world couldn't function properly without a tire industry, tires...
EASY STEAK BOMB CALZONE Ingredients 1-Lb fresh dough (store bought) 4-Lbs of shaved steak 1-Can of mushrooms (6 ounces) ¼ Lb of sliced salami 1-Bag of diced frozen peppers/onions Salt...