Simply Awesome Facts
Weird, Interesting and Fun Facts
- There was no punctuation until the 15th century.
- The word taxi is spelled the same in English, German, French, Swedish, Spanish and Portuguese.
- The word 'News' is actually an acronym standing for the 4 cardinal compass points - North, East, West, and South!
- There are more telephones than people in Washington, D.C.
- The weight of air in a milk glass is about the same as the weight of one aspirin tablet.
- The number of births that occur in India each year is higher than the entire population of Australia.
- The New York Stock Exchange started as a coffee shop.
Get Acquainted with Some Really Awesome Facts
Some more awesome facts
- On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
- New York's Central Park is nearly twice the size of the entire country of Monaco.
- It's estimated that millions of trees are accidentally planted by squirrels who bury nuts and then forget where they hid them.
- It takes 492 seconds for sunlight to reach the Earth.
- In many countries, urine was used as a detergent for washing.
- Each day, more than $40 Trillion Dollars changes hands worldwide.
- By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.
- Blue eyes are the most sensitive to light, dark brown the least sensitive.
- The can opener was invented 48 years after the can.
- Tablecloths were originally meant to be served as towels with which dinner guests could wipe their hands and faces after eating.
- Pageant Models often smear Vaseline on their teeth so their lips won't stick when smiling.
- One punishment for an adulterous wife in medieval France was to make her chase a chicken through town naked.
- It is now possible to print human skin with an inkjet printer.
- In Albania, nodding your head means 'no' and shaking your head means 'yes'.
- A lot of lovemaking can unblock a stuffy nose. Sex is a natural antihistamine.
- In Venezuela, fuel costs around $0.02.
- The volume of the Earth's moon is close to the amount of the Pacific Ocean.
- If you went out into space, you would explode before you suffocated because there's no air pressure.
- Having sex can reduce a fever because of the sweat produced.
- An elephant can die from a broken heart.
- The song "3" by Britney Spears is 3 minutes 33 seconds long.
- A DAY is longer than a YEAR on Venus.
- Homosexuality was listed as a mental illness with the American Psychiatric Association (APA) until 1973.
- A fly that appears to have drowned can be revived with the use of everyday table SALT!
Bored? Confuse Your Mind A Little..
- Perception Puzzles
Our mind sometimes refuses to believe the things it sees. The result - a whole lot of confusion! Want to confuse your brain a little? Ok maybe not a little, a helluva lot maybe? Try looking at these pictures...
More by this Author
A fun Science experiments for kids which educates them how to clean water easily.
Find out how much moisture is there in the air by creating your own hygrometer. A very simple Science experiment for kids.
Yummy kebabs along with their recipes.