Some Useful Tips To Conserve Water
- By adding any colour you can check whether your flush tank is leaking. If the colour appears in the WC, that is the proof that the leak is present. Once you repair the leak you can save around 600 gallons of water a month.
- Make sure you turn off the water tap while brushing your teeth. A family of four can save 200 gallons of water every week taking this caution.
- Be sure to turn off the tap while applying soap or shampoo during a bath. You can save a lot of water and enjoy your bath at the same time using less water, which makes more lather.
- Try not to throw those used toilet papers in the flush as it uses plenty of water and can block sewage pipes at times.
- Try not to use water pipes for washing cars in the driveway or garages. Use water buckets instead and avoid a messy or slippery driveway.
- Make sure to turn off the tap while washing the dishes. Take some water in a bowl and use it while putting on soap or washing powder on the dishes. After that you can use some amount of water to wash them one by one.
- Frozen meat out of the freezer, should not be brought to room temperature using hot boiling water. There are other ways to do that.
- Use less water while boiling and use the right size pots for cooking food. This can save plenty of water and as a result you can enjoy tasty meals.
- Try to water the plants early in the morning, as the temperature outside is lower as compared to the afternoons.
- Water the lawn at different times of the day so that it is absorbed well instead of watering it at one particular time using plentiful.
- Collect some rainwater and store it in buckets, which can be used later for watering plants.
- Do not cut the grass too frequently. This can burn and damage your lawn and cause wastage of water.
- At every six inches, make some three-inch holes in your lawn so that water is thoroughly absorbed instead of being washed away from the surface.
- Any expert plumber can check whether the water pipe lines are leaking because this wastes water and can weaken your walls by adding too much moisture.
- Be a water conservator. Save water and tell your friends and relatives how important water is to have a healthy brighter future.
More by this Author
An earthquake is perhaps the most deadly and the most dangerous natural phenomenon of earth. It is characterized by the sudden tremors on earth’s surface caused due to the release of energy from its crust. At...
There are many lakes in this world, but not all of them are famous. We all know about the Caspian Sea, which is indeed one of the most famous lake in the world. But may be some people don't know that its not a sea but a...
History is full of legends that still mystify and entertain. These legends come from cultures all over the world. Some are held as strong beliefs, while others have faded away with time. The...