Space Weather and auroras: The Bible: Isaiah 34.4: and the Kp-Index: "the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll"
The Bible reports space weather events: see Isaiah 34.4
The Bible reminds us that space weather events happen quite often; and do not mean the End Times; for example, Isaiah 34.4 records the sky rolled up like a scroll. Not the end of the world - but - an aurora. Scientists call this scroll-like effect a Birkeland current.
A space weather event - the aurora - creates extraordinary beautiful life-enhancing rippling continuous light effects in the night sky, at the poles. Sometimes, these look scroll-like. Now we know the cause - a surge of energy from the Sun. In short, sun spots. Magnetic tubes, holes, flares and explosions on the Sun.
Nine hundred year data collections show those cycles. Not sure how they got the 900 year aurora data but its quoted by the US Government. (see below).
Ancient scroll of history and guidance
"the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll"
Aurora happen in 11 year or 21 year cycles
Aurora happen, generally;
- near midnight; and
- at the poles; and technically;
- when the K index passes 5; and
- when the solar wind speed rises above 500km a second.
Travel tours to Iceland, for example, advertised in December 2012, and promised "the biggest display since 1958". So, that travel business can predict auroras in Iceland.They use the K-Index.
The knowledge you need to forecast auroras
You need to know:
- auroras arrive in waves;
- tend to peak at local geomagnetic midnight in an 11 and 21 year cycle; and
- an "aurora forecast" based on the ACE satellite used for example by the NOAA/Space Weather Prediction Center and Japan's NICT can forecast aurora-likelihood for 28 days.
How to predict aurora borealis, 8 days and maybe 28 days ahead
Check out different versions of the Bible on spaceweather
- Bible search results for: Isaiah 34.4 - Bible Society
Search the Bible by keyword: "And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll". Isaiah 34.4"
Map of forecast aurora location
How to see the heavens roll up like a scroll
- If you were a priest in a temple you would have lots of parishioners: To do this aurora borealis forecast:
- look at the Carrington Rotation Aurora Forecast from the Geophysical Institute at the University of Alaska Fairbanks (see image);
- they have done it for you as this applies the KP Index - the planetary magnetic index - the 27-28 day rotation of the Sun. (Sunspots and holes stay in same place, as the Sun rotates);
- the earth also rotates, once every 24 hours;
- sometimes an energy burst from the Sun can hit the Earth;
- Bingo. "the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll". Isaiah 34.4"; and so
- the Biblical effect follows, at both poles, and you get about 7 - 28 days notice.
Biblical effect on modern widgets: Solar flares, CMEs, and magnetic storms can set very small signal devices out of whack. Large devices consist of many small parts, and these small parts send the wrong signals - go haywire - in geomagnetic storms. Trouble is, the storms seem unpredictable. Yet they have an 11 and 21 year cycle.
Some say Sun surges related to orbit of Jupiter: At December 2-3, 2012 Jupiter sat directly opposite the Sun; the closest opposition of Jupiter until the year 2021. Earth passes between the sun and Jupiter. So, Earth-Sun-Jupiter alignment. Events on the Sun can take a week or so to get to the Earth. That depends on the solar wind. So how to forecast the speed of the solar wind? Solution, use ACE data.
See real-time movies of holes and flares on the Sun. These happen before auroas.
Map of impact on the Earth ( note this is an section of a real time map) Click link to run the model
L1 Orbit for ACE
Sequence of typical time period for solar reports from various stations over 48 hours
Successions of solar wind reports are made by tracking stations, from ACE data as the Earth spins and orbits about the Sun. Six stations report data from the Advanced Composition Explorer (ACE). ACE stays in 'stationery' orbit 1.5 million km away; and orbit one one-hundredth of the way from the Earth to the Sun, - at L1; (the L1 libration point). ACE therefore, appears to "stand still" - as ACE orbits- at one Earth-year.
Station-sequence for data-collection, from ACE: this information is useful if you seek early warning of solar events
- 1800 to 1950 hours: NOAA's Wallop Command and Data Acquisition (WCDA) station at Wallop's Island, Vancouver VA;
- 1950 to 2250 hours: NOAA's Space Weather Prediction Center (BOU) in Boulder, CO;
- 2250 - 2300 No coverage;
- 2300- 2240 National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT) in Tokyo, Japan;
- 2440 - 2400 Korean Space Weather Center (KSWC) in Jeju, Korea;
- German Aerospace Center (DLR) from Neustrelitz, Germany;
- NASA's Deep Space Network (NASA);
- No public reports? United States Air Force (USAF) stations within the Air Force Satellite Control Network; and
- UNK (unknown) indicates a new, unassociated tracking station identifier. New identifiers are usually assigned within a few days.
ACE seems to circle the Sun: ACE follows its orbit around the L1 libration point, about 1.5 million kilometers out from the Earth, on the Earth-Sun line. Ground tracking stations (except for Boulder), use at least a 10 meter diameter parabolic antenna to receive S band signals from the 5 watt transmitter on ACE.
Modern God-like powers: if the heavens are to roll up like scroll this system gives few days advance warning
Nine hundred year cycles of sunspots and tree-rings (climate variations) and polar aurora from the year 1000 to year 1900
More by this Author
How to die a good death, with Margaret Olley as an example. Olley had taken to Buddhism in her later years.
The spread of knowledge from North Africa and Arabia, following a mysterious region- wide cataclysm, brought the how-to of the arch to Europe in early 1200s. The arch-boom also spread west to India where Muslim...
- 10How to write like Jane Austen: try her "ing" rule for Austen-like style and dignity and authority; examples
I found a valuable-3-part writers' rule. This idea helped me. Apply this new three-part technique; you'll gain new authority. To explain, see below, examples from successful authors; Jane Austen and Australian author,...
No comments yet.