Cheap and Easy Stink-Bug Soda Bottle Trap
Here are easy to make inexpensive Stink Bug traps that work. if you have a Stink Bug Infestation then try this. Total cost about $10.00 It is reusable.
Soda bottle I always use 20 fl oz.
Roll of electrical tape (black) or any other type of tape Electrical works best
- Get 2 Soda Bottle's (I like the 24 Oz size, Best is a Clear Color)
- Cut The Top Off as seen in Photo A
- Take lid off and insert it into the bottle with the top down making it into a funnel. See Photo B
- Tape the two surfaces together to form a seal around the top and to hold together See photo C
- Fill about 2" deep with a mixture of Dish soap and water to kill Stink Bugs when they fall in See Photo D
- Buy an led Light from Home Depot, Lowes or Where ever you can get one inexpensive usually around $5.00 to $6.00 dollars. The one shown is not the best the best is a puck light but it works (It is reusable). You can get several days of use out of a set of batteries
- Using another bottle cut off the base and put the LED Light into this base. Use some Electrical tape to seal off the light around the sides.
- Insert light into base, insert bottle into base. Put electrical tape around base to seal off light.
- The light from the led bottle will attract the Stinkbugs causing them to fall into the bottle and drown.
- Put trap in attic or a room where it is dark.
- When Full Just remove tape on top and pour down toilet and flush put on new tape and re use.
best source for light
More by this Author
I hope that this will help you design and build steps on your deck
I hope this step by step instruction helps you with your deck project
i hope that you find these picture's and explanations easy to follow and please read part 2 and 3