Teachers: Earn Extra Money Online
Share your lessons with manipulatives!
Are you a teacher looking to make extra money?
**Caution, do not read this if you do not want to make extra money as a teacher doing what you already do!****
Despite what the media may tell you about teachers being over paid and making big bucks for the time that they actually work, those of us who are teachers or know one, know that there are countless hours put in beyond the school day. We spend our time lesson planning, grading papers, creating activities, games and more. All in the name of educating our young citizens and working hard to make it enjoyable in the meantime. Oh, and did I mention that we do this for a lot less money than what most people think?
So how can you as a teacher earn a little extra cash without putting too much time into work beyond your school requirements? I have the solution for you, www.teacherspayteachers.com. I discovered this site several years ago and started to post some lessons and activities. Then life happened and I had two little ones which led me to completely forget about it. Everyone so often I get an email stating that I have sold an item on this site. Since I only have a couple of items, it is not much money, but I know that I am greatly underusing it and plan to add many more activities to my store. The best thing about it is that I’m not working extra; they are things that I have already created for my own classroom and students.
How can your great lesson plans earn you money?
- Join the site and create a profile. There are two options to join. One is a basic, free membership. It allows you to upload and sell as many products as you wish and you earn 60% of the royalties. There is also a $0.30 fee per transaction. The premium membership has a $59.95 annual fee but you earn 85% of the royalties and no transaction fees.
- Once you have joined the site and set up your profile, it’s time to start earning some money! Simply upload your original work to the site. You set the price and categorize it based on what area of learning it fits. For example, is it a test, a game, worksheets, holiday fun activities? You decide and check the categories that it best fits.
How do I get paid?
- Set up a paypal account if you do not already have one.
- Sell your items. You can even share it on Facebook or pin it on Pinterest to promote your work.
- Payouts for sales are sent to your paypal account at the end of each quarter. The great news is that there is no minimum amount of sales that you need to reach in order to be paid!
What learning ideas can you sell?
The possibilities of what you can add are almost endless. You can upload tests, quizzes, games, worksheets, learning center activities, power point slides, white board lessons and more. The more creative you are in creating lessons and activities for your students, the more you can upload and the more money you can make.
There is even a new feature that allows you to sell hard copies of an item. TPT will take care of the entire transaction and email the buyer's address to you. It is then your responsibility to send the item out to the buyer.
Get Started Now!
More by this Author
Looking for some cute preschool songs to share with your young children? Here are some songs that are sure to delight them and help them to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday.
Learning to make friends is an important social skill that will become an important life long skill. Teaching young children to make friends can be fun when you add music and singing to the lesson. Here are some great...
From math to science to learning to read, many animated tv shows enhance a child's learning. Here is a list of fantastic shows that will keep your child learning the entire time.