The Ten BEST Things About Being the Oldest Child
It's GOOD to be the KING/QUEEN
Being the oldest child can be quite awesome! Your younger siblings look up to and admire you hence you feel important. You can teach and guide your younger siblings. The oldest is an alpha birth order in more ways than one Here are the ten BEST things about being the Oldest Child in a family-the countdown! Read and enjoy!
(10) Being the first to do everything. You are the trailblazer and the achiever in your family. You venture where your younger siblings do not and cannot.
(9) You are the leader of the family. You are often the adviser and in charge of your younger siblings. This leadership role translates into you being quite self-assured and comfortable in responsible and leadership roles. Oftentimes, you love being the boss and the power its bestows upon you.
(8) Oftentimes in acknowledgement to your ordinal familial status in comparison to your younger siblings, you often get your own room when you get older.
(7) You get everything new and never have to wear hand me downs. Need I say more.
(6)) You have a take charge personality and do not suffer fools gladly. You clearly know what you want and know how to go after it. You are also a no nonsense person and are quite frank and upfront in your interfacings with other people.
(5) You want the best that life has to offer and will never settle for second best. You will work smart and strategize to obtain your goals..
(4) Control is your first, middle, and last name. Vulnerability is a stranger to you and you avoid it at all costs. You get a rush out of being the dominant one and would not have it any other way.
(3) You can get things done and know the avenues of accomplishing this. You know that sometimes might equals rights and are not hesitant to use this psychologically to obtain whatever goal you set your mind to.
(2) High self-confidence. You had no older siblings to contend with and the only "superiors" you interfaced with were your parents. In addition to that, you are placed in a guardian, leadership position with your younger siblings. Because of this familial environment, you developed a maturity and self-confidence that your younger siblings did not have. As a result, you believe that you are invincible and unstoppable and can do anything! In fact, you assert that you can do things that others cannot.
(1) You are not afraid of power. Power to you is a fact of life. You believe in the survival of the fittest. As Wilhelmina Slater, prototype of the oldest child stated to Betty Suarez, prototype of the youngest child, "Either you eat or be eaten." Power is not a four letter word to the oldest child. In fact, you RELISH being powerful.
© 2011 Grace Marguerite Williams
More by this Author
Some people see life as an adventure. They are not afraid to take risks. Others elect to adapt a more cautious attitude. They remain within their particular comfort zone, being safe and secure.
The postmodern woman is self-assured and on an equal parity with men. However,there are STILL men who believe that women are unequal to men.They BELIEVE that women be in the SUBORDINATE role.
The opposite coin to the favorite child is the unfavored child. Many parents are quite loathe to admit this although they do this. Unfavored children feel like outsiders in their families.