The Ten BEST Things About Being the Middle Child
You are Quite a Diplomat and a Negotiator
Ah, the middle child. People really do not quite know how to describe you. Who are you exactly? You can be quite unfathomable sometimes and at other times you can be quite easy to know. You are the everyperson of the birth order. The middle child is one of the beta birth orders. You not that dominant and can be quite a chameleon. You know how to play the game of life and can play it quite well. Here are the ten BEST things about being a middle child- sit back and buckle your seat belts!
(10) You are not a control freak. You see people as the individuals they are, not pawns to be controlled and to play power games with.
(9) Oftentimes you can be described as having excellent social and people skills. Of course, you have too- you are sandwiched between the controlling oldest child and the self-indulgent youngest child. You have to play the go between regarding your siblings many times.
(8) Because you are often unnoticed and overlooked in your family, you are often left to your own devices and to fend for yourself. As a result of these things, you have the courage to be very independent and to chart out new avenues which your siblings and/or family have not charted before.
(7) You do not believe that MIGHT equals RIGHT. You can see the side of the aggressor and the underdog. You are often the most democratic of all birth orders. You usually make one of the BEST and MOST DEMOCRATIC supervisors and leaders. Being autocratic is not in your character.
(6) You know the art of diplomacy and believe in being the peacemaker. You believe that more is solved with honey than with vinegar. You know the art of using tact in your relationships whether with family or nonfamily members.
(5) You are often the power behind the throne. Many middle children are the bridges to their families. They often do work which is often unappreciated. Think of Maxine Joseph, the prototype middle child in the movie SOUL FOOD who mends the family after the death of the matriarch. Middle children are good at keeping the family together.
(4) You have no ego and believe that ego is a waste of time. People are people- let us all get along already.
(3) You are comfortable not being the STAR in the family. You see nothing wrong in being the supporting player. In fact, you are very comfortable in that role.
(2) You are totally an unselfish person.. If there is anyone who is the most unselfish of all birth orders- it is the MIDDLE CHILD.
(1) You are many people-literally. You can assume and adopt many roles to fit the situation at hand. You are the jack of all trades of the family.
© 2011 Grace Marguerite Williams
More by this Author
.Oldest & only children are both firstborns. Firstborns are known to be authoritative, responsible and..........uncompromising. These two birth orders are ALPHA in MORE WAYS than one................
The opposite coin to the favorite child is the unfavored child. Many parents are quite loathe to admit this although they do this. Unfavored children feel like outsiders in their families.
Overprotective parents believe that they are preparing their children to be successful in life. How WRONG they are! In fact, with their excessive mollycoddling and pampering, they are preparing their children for one...
No comments yet.