Ten Things I Would Do If I Had the Discipline
I don’t make New year Resolutions. I simply have some ongoing goals and objectives that I update from time to time. I match dream and reality and will adapt or delete with the time and season. For example these are the ten things I would do if I had the discipline:
1. Rise up early every morning and have at least 30 minutes of personal private devotions. Every morning.
2. Go the gym and tone myself into the athletic body I want, better yet lead the family in a structured programme of games and recreation.
3. Organise a group of like-minded revolutionary and pragmatic thinkers and launch a campaign to gain state power in order to save the island from the corrupt ruling class which lacks the willpower to rock the boat in order to solve crime and restore economic growth.
4. Start an independent ministry based on the methods of the Saviour.
5. Go from being a night person to being a day person by going to bed early and rising earlier.
6. Visit my mother once every month.
7. Launch at least two large business projects within the next three years.
8. Banish cooked food from my diet and eat raw food only.
9. Floss every night.
10. Write three books already.
Some of the above could get me killed, some could get me healthier, but all would make me more fulfilled in service to God and humanity.
More by this Author
Rural folk on my island will tell you that a man must not let a papaya (papaw) plant grow too near to his home or it will take away his ‘nature’.
News from Africa about strange dog in human form turns out to be a hoax.
I love to preach on the theme of the cross of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the axis of salvation, the climax of the cosmic conflict between good and evil. So Fanny Crosby’s ‘Near the Cross’ is a favourite...