Ten great follies of Ch'in Dynasty
The "ten great follies" which helped to bring about the overthrow of the Ch'in dynasty were --
1. Abolition of the feudal system.
2. Melting down all weapons and casting twelve huge figures from the metal.
3. Building the Great Wall to keep out the Tartars.
4. Building a huge pleasaunce, the central hall of which was over sixty feet in height, and capable of accommodating ten thousand guests.
5. The Burning of the Books.
6. The massacre of the Literati.
7. Building a vast mausoleum.
8. Searching for the elixir of life.
9. Appointing the Heir-Apparent to be Commander-in-Chief.
10. Maladministration of justice.
More by this Author
China uses European standard for clothes and shoe sizes. EU standard recommends that shoes should be labelled with the foot lengths for which they are suitable, measured in centimetres. I haven’t bought any...
Studying at university is an expensive investment. Tuition fees have a disincentive effect on the poor and middle-income students. There has been a general trend towards marked increases in tuition in recent years, even...
Learn why your gas fire keeps going out even when it still seems on and how to fix this.
No comments yet.