The Power of Red
- Use when you don't want to fade into the background.
- Use when you want to grab a person attention or to get people to take action.
- The color red when worn by a woman is associated with sex appeal.
- Red stimulates energy.
- When a red tie is worn by a man it is associated with power.
- Wear red when you want to present yourself as bold and dynamic.
- Wearing red can boost your confidence.
- Red increases enthusiasm.
Positive Traits of Red
Negative Traits of Red
The Language of Red
- red eye - an overnight flight
- red carpet treatment - making someone fee3l like a celebrity
- red letter day - important occasion
- paint the town red - celebrate
- red sky in the morning, sailor's take warning,;n red sky at night, sailors delight - Pay attention to both good and bad warning signs
- red herring - something that decieves
- red flag - denotes a warning or danger
- seeing red - being angry
- in the re - being overdrawn at the bank
- Red is a color associated with poison, passion, and seduction. - Aromascope
- When in doubt wear red. - Bill Blass
- Red is the ultimate cure for sadness. - Bill Blass
- A blonde in a red dress can do without introductions - but not without a bodyguard. - Rona Jaffe
- I love red so much that I want to paint everything red. - Alexander Calder
- Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall in love with a gorgeous redhead. - Lucille Ball
- If one says 'Red' - the name of color - and there are fifty people listening, it can be expected that there are fifty reds in their mind. And one can be sure that all these reds will be very different. - Josef Albers
Red Fun Facts
- The color red does not man bulls angry, they are color blind.
- Red gets noticed more and makes the wearer look heavier.
- The highest percentage of natural redheads born in the wold is in Scotland. (13%)
- Red cars are popular targets for thieves.
- Red bed-clothes were customary in Germany up to the Middle Ages as protection against "red illnesses" such as fever, rashes or even miscarriages.
- Red is most often used as an accent color when decorating.
- Red also means 'beautiful' in Russian
- The red stripes on the American flag stands for courage.
- Bees are thought to sting redheads more often than others.
- Red is the color most chosen by extroverts.
- Seeing even a hint of red on an exam can effect the students performance. They associate the color red with failure because of the red ink used to typically grade exams.
- Red roses symbolizes passionate love.
- Light red represents joy, sexuality, passion, sensitivity, and love.
- Dark red is associated with vigor, willpower, rage, anger, leadership, courage, longing, malice, and wrath.
- In China the color red is the color of prosperity and joy.
Shades of Red
- amaranth: reddish-rose
- burgundy: purplish red
- carmine: deep red
- cardinal: vivid red
- carnelian: rich shade of reddish - brown
- coral: pinkish-orange
- crimson: stong bright deep red
- fire engine red: intense bright red
- magenta: purplish-pink red
- maroon : rich dark red
- Parisian red: deep reddish orange
- persimmon: medium orange red
- ruddy: reddish-rosy crimson
- sangria: burnt red
- scarlet: bright red
- vermilion: opaque orangish red
- Color Meanings: What Color Are You? Personality and...
What color are you?Have you ever wondered if your favorite color has a meaning? More often than not it does, and a harmless question from somebody about your favorite color can say a lot about your personality. Color means...
- The Psychology of Color - How Color Affects Human Be...
Color Psychology, the study of how color affects mood, behavior and performance, can provide you with tools you can use to make positive changes in your life.
- Colors and Their Meanings in Chinese Culture
Have you ever wonder what are the meanings of colors? Well in China, there are meanings to every color. The traditions and culture of the Chinese people are the subjects of so many studies and understanding by a lot of other people outside their...
- How to Feng Shui the Bedroom - Colors and Object Pla...
A bad bedroom feng shui can keep you tossing and turning at night, make you wake up with little energy, and does not entice you and your partner into a romantic mood. A simple rearrangement of furniture and a little tweak in the color theme can fix a
- The Meanings of Color
The color red is the warmest of all colors. It is the color of blood and associated with heat and warmth. It is the color most picked by extroverts and a favorite of most males, which makes sense because its known as the color of passion and...
More by this Author
Everyone knows about Las Vegas, Nevada. We all know it's the favorite place to visit. Did you know that 80% of all visitors to Las Vegas return for another visit?
Alaska is one of the most beautiful state in North America. It is a spot where you have the best fishing and hunting along with views that you won't believe.
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.