The measurement of success
How do you measure success?
If someone has a great job and has lots of money to buy almost all of the things he needs and wants, people will tend to look up to him and will consider him very successful. Moreover, lofty position at work, thriving business, real estate properties, posh homes, luxurious cars, branded accessories, clothes and jewelries and the likes have been considered hallmarks of success these days.
Let’s face it, we need to earn money in order to sustain our necessities and some luxuries in life, but sad to say, the vast majority of people nowadays are materialistic. For this group of people, they measure success with the wealth tone had accumulated over the years.
But what about the things that money cannot buy. The real list of true success that springs forth from the heart are:
- You love and you are being loved
- You have a very strong and happy family
- You have great friends around you
- You are accepted for what you are
- You appreciate the things around you
- You have the respect of people
- You are debt free
- Many people owe you debt of gratitude
- You have nice relationships with the people around you (relatives, colleagues, superiors and friends)
You are so happy with your present situation (like your career, marriage, etc.)
True success can be in the form of success of the heart. So you need to work on this to make your life worthwhile further. Although many people consider money and wealth as their basis of success there are priceless things that can give you true success.
Here’s my 16th hub in the HubChallenge.
Thank you very much for read.
Feel free to provide your feedback in the comment section below.
More by this Author
- 7What is quiz bee :: What to do for quiz competition :: What are the possible questions in quiz bee contest
What is quiz bee? It is one of the events held in schools to test the intellectual capabilities of students in different subjects such as science, mathematics, social science, current events, and general knowledge. Some...
The students for sure learn a lot of things in school. The students are cinched to discover, develop and hone skills that will be helpful later in life. The various subjects taught here are also expected to give the...
Learn about traditional Filipino family values.
No comments yet.