Things You Should Learn In Your 20's
Many things I wish I would have really learned and not had to actually go through. I've done a lot of different things in my life, but at the same time I haven't done much at all. i have gone through a lot of real world situations and I've learned they do not always have a happy ending like in the movies. A lot of things I've learned, i learned them the hard way. Ugh, so many bad choices were made, so many careless actions and not always thinking things through. Allow me to share a list I have put together of things you should learn...
- Wear condoms- because children do come as a result and you are not immune to having one. Also, there are so many different STD's and you will catch one, all do not go away with a shot.
- You will be judged on the clothing you wear before anything else- If a person doesn't know you they will make an initial assessment based on the way you are dressed. The type of things you wear says a lot about you and the type of person you MAY be.
- Smile you will feel better- The worst day could be a whole lot better if you just grin and bear it.
- Anything can happen to you at any moment- Good or bad, things happen to everyone.
- Some people you just have to let go- Not everyone you meet or are "friends" with are to be in your lives forever.
- Tell people how much they mean to you- It often makes a awdifference in the lives around you. You many not get another chance to say it.
- People die- Young and old, the ones you love and care about can be gone in an instant.
- Everything is not for everyone- Just because something worked for someone else doesn't mean it will work for you and you will get the same results.
- You can't make a relationship work with someone if you are still in love with your ex- DO NOT jump into a relationship if you are fresh out of another one, you need time to heal and get over it.
- Love hurts- It is not always rainbows and shooting stars
- Not everyone is your friend- Sometimes enemies are disguised as friends and people often have a bad motive and will secretly be against you.
- Not everything gets better right away - Some things take time
- Be happy with yourself I so that you don't have to look else where for vvalidation
- Take time to enjoy lif- This is the only one you get
There are so many more that I have learned in the past 5 years but without getting too heavy I think this is a good start for some of my younger readers.