The Many Wonders Of The World
We live on an awesome planet called Earth. It's many wonders and mysteries are too many to count, they are right before our eyes. All we need do is examine them.
Man has transplanted livers, kidneys, hearts..... it is only reasonable that face transplants would follow. Life is not always fair and sometimes people wind up in life or death situations that can cause great body damage. Our face is the first thing that people see when they greet us for the first time. Face transplants have allowed those who have suffered facial disfigurement the opportunity to return to a normal life without all of the embarrassing stares/ rejection.
Seahorses.......the male is the momma
Did you know that it is the male seahorse that gives birth. That's right, it is the female that deposits her eggs in his pouch. After a true courtship dance that can take as long as 8 hours, she thanks him by making him not only pregnant but the incubator for the babies.Gestation can take anywhere from 10 to 25 days (depending on the species), with the male giving birth to as many as 1500 little ones; according to Wikipedia.
Did you know ?
- An apple is 25% water, that is the reason why they float.
- Pears ripen from the inside out.
- Carrots were originally purple
- Strawberries have its seeds on the outer skin, they are the only fruit that does.
- Banana peels can be used to filter toxins out of water.
- The worlds oldest chewing gum is 9000 years old.
- The stomach lining is replaced in as little as every 3 days.
- The brain itself feels no pain, although it interprets pain for the rest of the body.
The wonders of dolphins....hmmm
Dolphins are amazing creatures. Did you know that it is believed that although we breath involuntarily they cannot. Their being air breathers forces them to continue to return to the surface to breath voluntarily. Which in turn means that they are never fully sleep, only half of their brain is. The other half monitors the swimming process, maybe even watching out for predators..... before returning to the surface to breath. On average they can hold their breath for as little as 6 minutes to as much as 10-15 minutes.
Believe it or not
- I still find it hard to wrap my brain around the fact that there is a man who survives on eating rotten meat. Check out the video below.
- The oldest man was born in 1897, his name is Jiro-emon Kimura of Kyotango city He has been voted the oldest for the second year in a row.
- Your skin sheds more than 8 pounds of skin cells in a year.
- The breatharian believes that they can survive on air alone. No water, no food just air.
- The United States of America is still a Colony of the British Government.
- Do you know what arachibutyrophobia is,it is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
- Peanut butter sticks to the roof of your mouth because of it's high protein content. The protein absorbs the moisture from your mouth, forcing it to stick to the roof.
- Although it appears as if pumpkins have always played a part, it wasn't until the mid-to-late 19th century that pumpkins became associated with Halloween.
- An octopus has three hearts.
- A tiger's stripes are skin deep, even if they lost all of their fur they would still be stripped.
- Insects outnumber people.
- Sliced bread found it's way onto store shelves in 1930, it's name is Wonder Bread.
These are but a few of the fun facts that tickel my brain from time to time. What's yours ?
More by this Author
Our children are our precious cargo. To insure their safety we need to educate ourselves about the proper child safety seats. What you don't know may frighten you.
Seizures are neurological disorders caused by abnormal electrical discharges of the brain.In my attempts to find a holistic way to treat seizures of any kind I first came across the Reishi Mushroom.....
With the changing weather comes the spring cleaning, not just in our homes but our bodies as well.For me my smoothies are not just something to cool me down on a hot summers day but a meal.