Tips on how to develop the habit of persistence
HOW TO DEVELOP PERSISTENCE
There are four simple steps, which lead to the habit of PERSISTENCE. They call for no great amount of intelligence, no particular amount of education, and but little time or effort. The necessary steps are described below.
Steps to develop persistence
1. A DEFINITE PURPOSE BACKED BY BURNING DESIRE FOR ITS FULFILLMENT
You must detrmine what you want to achieve at the first instance. Moreover, you need to have the faith or burning desire and determination towards its accomplishment.
2. A DEFINITE PLAN, EXPRESSED IN CONTINUOUS ACTION
Here you have to set forth a plan of action towards its accomplishment. Set the plan and work the plan.
3. A MIND CLOSED TIGHTLY AGAINST ALL NEGATIVE AND DISCOURAGING INFLUENCES, including negative suggestions of relatives, friends and acquaintances
You have to be focused with the determination that you wil accomplish your plan. This means that you have to be displicined and commited to it.
4. A FRIENDLY ALLIANCE WITH ONE OR MORE PERSONS WHO WILL ENCOURAGE ONE TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH BOTH PLAN AND PURPOSE.
Since your aim is to accomplish your plan and hence your purpose you need to be accountable to seeing that you achieve your goal. If you will find this aspect of persistence towards accomplishing your goal you need to find one person that you can trust to enable you to be accountable. It could be more than one person but the idea here is someone that you can report to, so as to watch your progress
Adapted from Napoleon Hills Book; Think and Grow Rich, p. 15
© 2008 BSC Ugoji
- Pompeii, Italy - The Lost City
In the fateful year of 79 AD, during the heyday of the Roman Empire, Pompeii (Italy) was a thriving city of about 20,000 inhabitants. By the end of August that same year, they were all gone, and the city was left for dead along with its inhabitants.
- Legitimate Online Jobs - Do They Exist?
Searching for legitimate online jobs is an exhausting experience. There are so many scams, it's not hard to see why so many people feel real online jobs don't exist. I will list several proven online and...
More by this Author
Each and everyone of us has been given a particular talent or ability. The onus is for us to discover our God given talents and put them to work so as to add value to our lives and other lives.
- 8Compare and Contrast -Efficiency and Effectiveness: two sides of a coin differentiated by thought process
This article seeks to point out the difference between efficiency and effectiveness and their implication as managerial tools for enhancing productivity.
Everyone experiences fear as one moves out of his/her comfort zone. The ability to makes progress is determined by how we hold fear. This article explains how.
No comments yet.