Fifteen Qualities of a Good Student
There is an English proverb: “The more you read, the more you learn.” However, studying from books alone will not help a student develop. In order to be truly good, they must strive in multiple areas: reading, travel, information technology, social activities, and leisure.
But there are a number of additional qualities and experiences that a good student should strive to acquire. They are described below.
Essential Qualities and Experiences
Games and Sports
1. An ideal student maintains their health and observes religious activities.
2. They are social and hard-working.
3. They love their country.
4. They actively take part in games, sports, and other extra-curricular activities.
Dedication to Knowledge
5. They perform social work.
6. They make proper use of their time and never shirks their duties.
7. They obey existing rules and regulations.
8. They devote themselves fully to the pursuit of knowledge.
9. They cultivate their virtues and values.
10. They have noble aims.
11. They give utmost priority to developing their character.
12. They lead a strictly disciplined life and never indulge in evil thoughts.
13. They spend most of their time acquiring knowledge about their chosen field.
14. An ideal student does not dabble in politics. Politics is responsible for many problems that youth face these days. A good student bears in mind that their student years are the time to prepare for the struggles of adulthood.
15. They are sincere, truthful, dutiful, energetic, neat, and clean.
Readers Say Books Are Most Important
More than half of the readers who voted in the following poll think that books are the most important thing a student needs to succeed—more important even than a laptop! What do you think?
Take This Poll!
Which of these is more important for a good student to have?See results without voting
The Role of Technology
A good student should understand information technology. They should have an Internet-connected laptop or something similar. In this area, students in the West have an edge over South Asian students. In order to catch up, we should provide student loans to pay for computers.
Four More Qualities of a Successful Student
Readers Say Patriotism is Important to Success
A majority by far of readers who voted in the following poll believe that students should love their country.
What do you think? Is it important for a successful student to be patriotic?
Should An Ideal Student Love His Country?See results without voting
More by this Author
A man needs many qualities for being successful in life. Punctually is one of those qualities.
There are some duties of a good student. By fulfilling them, one can largely contribute in the corresponding society’s progress.
A good student is the future of a nation. If one wants to achieve that feat, he/she will need to possess some qualities. In this article, we have discussed about 10 such qualities.