Top 5 World Best Specialized MBA courses - Which MBA specialization program to choose in University
You are planning to do MBA but not able to decide which MBA specialization to choose. In this hub, I will try to list down few of the best specialization program which are evergreen and are recognized throughout the world's industry. There was a time when there were very few specialized program offered by most of the universities and choosing a specialized course was easy. However in last decade, most of the universities have started to offer a wide varieties of specialization courses which have created a confusion in mind of most of the MBA aspirants. In this hub I will try to list down those specialized courses which you can choose and also the reason why you should them along with the industry sector where the course can get you a job.
1. MBA in Finance
MBA in finance is the most popular MBA program and widely sought after course among the MBA aspirants. It is also most likely to get you a higly paid job as well. A specialized MBA course does not mean that you can only apply to Banks and Investment institution. MBA finanace professionals are required in every industry. Every company have a finance department which is one most important department no matter in which field the complay operates. A financial analyst in any company works for maintaining the complany balancesheet, prepare the financial strategy, make sure that company is working under the guideline of financial regulations of the country, involved with mergers and business expansions etc. So if love numbers, balancesheet and financial market, then MBA finance is the right course for you.
10 Steps to Getting into a Top MBA
Hot Industries and positions for MBA finance:
- Banks and Investment institutions: Bankers, Bank Manages, Treasurers and Finance Officers, Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Investment banks: Investment Bankers in institutions like JPMC, Barclays, Merill Lynch etc.
- Retails and IT Industry: Financial Officers, CFO
- Financial Regulator Agencies: Financial regulators in agencies like FSA, World Bank and regulators in each countries.
2. MBA in Marketing
MBA in Marketing is another hot and popular MBA specialization among MBA aspirants. Just like MBA Finance, its ever green and widely sought after in almost all sorts of industries. To excel in field of MBA Marketing, you need to be good in communication skill, persuasive and underlying zeal to be successful in a competitive market. You should only select this field if you are ready for hard core selling and work in a target based job. If you have all the above said qualities then MBA marketing will offer you a fast paced carrier and tremendous growth opportunity with lots of responsibilities. Marketing plays a major role in most of the industries including financial sectors like credit card companies, Loans and credit management which marketing your product is more important than product offering itself.
Introduction to Marketing
Hot Industries and positions for MBA Marketing:
Fast Moving Consumer Durable (FMCG), Retail, durable and non durable goods industry, Marketing and Media, Fashion Industries etc :- You can work as a marketing manager in all these companies and industries.
- Credit Cards and Financial products: You can work as a brand manager in banks and institutions which offer financial products.
- IT and telecommunication industry: You can work in sales department of IT and Telecommunication industries.
3. MBA in Operations
MBA in Operation is among the top most popular MBA program which cover each and every industry type. Every company or organization needs managers to run day to day affairs. Operational MBA graduates are specialist in running a company from top to bottom and hence are sought by almost every big companies on the planet. This course educate you how to run a production floor and process flows. You learn how to manage your vendors and clients, inter- department management and general management activities. If you are aspiring to do MBA in operation then you should have an eye to minute details of each and every processes, a zeal to increase efficiency in every process you manage, leadership qualities and ability to think out of box solution to managed day to day production problems. If you show above qualities, then nothing can stop you in climbing the success ladder in the organization and you may become the CTO (Chief Technology Officer) or even the highest post of Chief Executive Offices (CEO).
Hot Industries and positions for MBA Operation:
- Retail and IT Industries: You will start as an Assistant or general manager for an FMCG company or Principle Consultant in an IT company. However as far as growth is concern, then sky is the limit and there are every possible chance of you becoming the operation head or even the CEO of the company.
- Banking and Financial Industry: If you join a retail bank then most probably you may start as a branch manager and will grow from there. In other financial institution, you may start with process or product manager depending on the product and services that company offers.
Are you planning to do MBA? If yes, which specializationSee results without voting
4. MBA in HR (Human Resource)
If you love to hear people's problem and enjoy solving them, then MBA in Human Resource (HR) is the best suited for you. And the good thing is that HR managers are required in each and every organizations no matter and how big or small the company is. However, HR job is not as easy as looks from its name. HR management is divided primarily into two different job, first is people management and the other in recruitment. HR management involved with people management side of affairs are responsible for day to day management of people issues like compensation, promotions, transfers and appraisals. However people management is not as easy as it looks. An HR should always be ready to listen to employees concerns with patience and try to solve their problems. On the other hand, recruitment HR should be ready to work out of stations for long time as they need to travel to different parts of countries to recruit good resources.
Hot Industries and positions for MBA in HR:
There are no specific industry for HR as HR are required for each and every industry types. You can be successful in all types of industries. However each type of industry gives different types of challenges to HR. Hence you should do a bit of research before joining any companies after completing your MBA degree.
5. MBA in Information Technology
MBA in IT has been a new trend and one of the most popular MBA specially with engineering graduates with degree in IT or computers. With the growth of IT industries in recent years, lot of companies have been looking for managers who have a good knowledge of Information technology industry and its challenges. These new managers are also known as techno managers who are well equipped to manager highly technical projects. These techno managers can work easily with both product or services based companies.
Hot Industries and positions for MBA in IT:
As most of the MBA IT positions are available in IT industries only. However there can be many different positions where an manager with IT degree can work in an IT industries. They are:
- Business Analyst: An MBA IT graduate can start as a business analyst and then can grow as a senior BA and to principle consultant level.
- Engagement Manager: Can work in sales department in customer facing department as an engagement manager and bring business to the company.
- Technical or QA manager: Can work as a project manager in a development or testing project.
- Technical Auditor: Can start working as a process consultant and technical auditor to make sure that company is compliant to various standards like CMMi and ISO.
Other MBA specialization programs:
There are few other MBA specialization programs which are in demand are:
- MBA in Insurance: This MBA program has got very good demand in booming insurance market.
- MBA in International Trade: In the world of globalization and ever increasing foreign trade, MBA in foreign trade is a good MBA degree.
- MBA in tourism: Tourism world wide is a multi billion industry and hence its own challenges. MBA in tourism will cater for need to specialized MBA professionals for tourism industry.
- MBA in Retail: With booming retail market, most FMCG companies are looking out for MBA professionals specialized in retail and FMCG market.
- MBA in Media and Entertainment: With fast growing Entertainment market, there is huge demand for MBA professionals with specialization in Media and Entertainment. So if you want a career in Media and Entertainment, then this MBA is best suited for you.
Apart from these there are many other MBA specialization which are offered now a days. If you are starting as a fresher, it is suggested to go for a general MBA or top specialized MBA. If you have already worked in a particular sector for 5-6 years, then its better to do an MBA degree from that field.
Related hubs you might want to read:
More by this Author
Which course to choose after 10th : Decide Science or Commerce in class 11 and 12,opting for science stream,friends were going for commerce stream,lesser percentage than me in 10th board exams,no external board in...
This hub is about the Top 10 MBA colleges in the world. Best MBA School in Europe, UK, US . Top MBA school, Top best MBA college. IF you have any question like which is the best college for MBA in world of from where I...
- 0What (How) to write in Company leaving drinks invite email to office Colleagues and friends -Leaving Drink mail Template
you are not sure how to format the leaving drink invite email. you want to leave a good impression through your last email how you can prepare and format your leaving drinks invite email. Specify clearly the occasion...