Nine Traits Which Separate the Extraordinary from the Merely Ordinary!
Are You Living or Just Surviving!
There are two types of people in the world. Those who are extraordinary and those who are just ordinary. Extraordinary people are vastly different from ordinary people in terms of their demeanor! Now I will delineate the differences in traits between people who are extraordinary and those who are merely ordinary.
(1) Extraordinary people are powerful people. They believe in their inherent self-worth. They are not afraid of using power and know the positive use of power. Ordinary people believe that they do not count and often unknowingly give their power away to those who they believe "are better" and "know more"!
(2) Extraordinary people believe in working smart in order to succeed in life and on the job. They are adept at strategizing and using methodologies to improve their chances for success. They do not believe in using old methodologies if it does not work-they are always willing to try to do new things. Ordinary people are adherents of the old adage of working hard even though this method is not working! They do not believe in adopting novel methodologies in helping them succeed. They mindlessly use the same old methodologies of their parents and ancestors even though they are not succeeding as much as they wish.
(3) Extraordinary people usually conceive of great things and implement them. They do not believe in the words can't and impossible. They do not let their background whether it is racial, ethnic, gender, socioeconomic, educational, and/or related status deter them from achieving and accomplishing what they set out to do. Ordinary people are interested in just mere survival. They are happy to accept the crumbs of life and believe that they do not deserve anything more! They believe that they cannot succeed because of their respective backgrounds whether it is race, socioeconomic status, and other related factors.
(4) Extraordinary people are not victims of life, but are proactive participators. They believe in taking responsibility for their lives, whether it is success and/or failure. If they fail, they do not view it as the end of the world. They simply brush themselves off and learn from their mistakes. Ordinary people, on the other hand, are consummate victims! They constantly bemoan their so-called fate without acknowledging their responsibility in the matter! They believe that they are not worthy of happiness and success and wonder why these things do not occur! They also wallow in their failures and believe failure is a major part of their lives!
(5) Extraordinary people follow their own rules and their own drummer! They often disdain conventions. They believe in thinking outside of the box and strongly resist any blandishments from others to conform! They are going to succeed on their own terms come hell or high water! If someone tells an extraordinary person that something cannot be done, he/she will ignore the naysayer and do what he/she intend to do! Ordinary people are fearful and transfixed upon what others say and think! They prefer to follow the tried and true. They often prefer security over fulfillment whether it is career or other choices!
(6) Extraordinary people are rule breakers if rules impede their career and life choices. Their mantra is rules are made to be broken and nothing is etched in stone! They are not ruled by traditions and the past. They are more interested in being current as it is beneficial to their career and life choices! Ordinary people are often mired in the past-they follow rules to the letter although it no longer makes sense! Rules are their standby!
(7) Extraordinary people envision themselves as already in the lifestyle and position of their dreams in addition to dressing and acting the part. They believe that vision is part of achievement! Ordinary people only view themselves in their current position and lifestyle! They often do not have the vision of conceive more to their lives!
(8) Extraordinary people believe in doing work that they are passionate about in addition to paying well. In fact, extraordinary people want enjoyable careers, not just a job! They believe that since most of their time is spent in the workplace, let it be both enjoyable and well-paying! To the extraordinary person, work is equivalent to play! Ordinary people, au contraire, are "satisfied" simply to have jobs! They figure although a job is drudgery, what more can they expect! To ordinary people, work is just simply that-work!
(9) Extraordinary people do not believe in job security. Instead they believe in career creativity and growth. In their estimation, if a career does not offer joy and/or growth-it is TIME to leave. To this people, life is WAY too short to stay at a stagnant career, no matter how secure it is! Ordinary people WORSHIP job security. To them, job security takes precedence over job creativity and growth. They would often remain on the job after the fun and/or creativity has ended! To the ordinary person, job security is god!
In conclusion, extraordinary people are quite different from ordinary people in that the former believe in living life to the max! They are not afraid to take calculated and strategic risks in order to accomplish their goals. They believe in being the masters, not passive victims of their fate. They also practice the art of being passionate about what they do, not merely going through the motions. They definitely are not whiners and procrastinators but winners in the game of life! Who wants to be an extraordinary person, step up to the plate for life is too short to be ordinary!
© 2011 Grace Marguerite Williams
More by this Author
.Oldest & only children are both firstborns. Firstborns are known to be authoritative, responsible and..........uncompromising. These two birth orders are ALPHA in MORE WAYS than one................
The opposite coin to the favorite child is the unfavored child. Many parents are quite loathe to admit this although they do this. Unfavored children feel like outsiders in their families.
Overprotective parents believe that they are preparing their children to be successful in life. How WRONG they are! In fact, with their excessive mollycoddling and pampering, they are preparing their children for one...