Traveling Back In Time-2003
I started this series going ten years from my birth year. I have decided I will probably write my birth year and even go beyond, but we will see.
Here are links to the previous hubs in this series:
What do you recall about 2003? C'mon, it was just ten years ago...
In 2003, the leader of the United States was George W. Bush. His Vice President was Dick Cheney.
Following are some of the facts about 2003:
The United States In 2003
Some facts about 2003 and the United States:
- The average cost of a new home was $246,300. Today it is $152,000. Wow, how did that happen?
- Average income per year was $45,016. In 2011, it was $42,979. Maybe we are going back in time!
What all happened in the United States in 2003?
The United States made plans to invade Iraq.
2003 had the most tornadoes in the United States in all of history. A total of 393 twisters were reported in 19 States.
The Do Not Call List was put in effect to control telemarketing.
John Muhammad is found guilty for the sniper shootings he carried out in the Washington D.C. area.
Harley Davidson owners from all across the nation gathered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Harley Davidson Motorcycles.
California voters recall Governor Gray Davis and elect Arnold Schwarzenegger to replace him.
Interest rates hit a 45 year low.
Alabama Judge, Roy Moore, is suspended for refusing to remove the Ten Commandments from his courtroom.
Hurricane Isabel causes widespread damage and claims 40 lives.
The Space Shuttle Columbia disintegrated upon reentry over Texas. It killed all astronauts aboard.
The World In 2003
Iraq is invaded by the United States and United Kingdom. Later this year, Sadam Hussein is captured in Tikrit.
Algeria is the scene of a major earthquake killing 2200 people.
The last Volkswagen Beetle is manufactured in Puebla, Mexico.
Iran has a severe earthquake that left over 40,000 people dead.
France has a heat wave averaging 104 degrees. It killed nearly 5,000 people.
Rebels in Sudan attack government entities which brings military pressure upon many innocents. Many victims had to flee their homes.
In Turkey, Al-Qaeda terrorists drive trucks with bombs into two synagogues. These acts killed 27 people and injured many more.
The disease SARS spread throughout the orient affecting millions of people.
The Concorde made its last commercial flight. Airlines are more concerned with energy than speed.
That was some of the United States and World news from 2003.
Does it bring back memories?
What were you watching at the movies then?
Top 3 Movies Of 2003
These were the most popular movies of 2003. Did you go to any of them?
- The Lord of The Rings: Return of The King. This sequel to the original was a huge seller.
- Finding Nemo. This computer animated movie was huge to kids and parents alike. Pixar became #1 in animated film because of this movie.
- Pirates of The Caribbean: The Curse of The Black Pearl. Another big rated sequel made it to the top. Johnny Depp showed the pirates way.
Top 3 Songs Of 2003
Do you recall what was playing on the radio in 2003?
What were you listening to?
These were the favorite songs from 2003:
- In da Club-50 Cent
- Ignition-R. Kelly
- Get Bust-Sean Paul
Top 3 Television Shows For 2003
What were you watching on the television ten years ago?
These were the popular shows:
- Friends. This was a bunch of college age people that went through many situations. It was mostly humorous.
- The O.C. This was a teen drama. It was about a group of teenagers in Orange County, California.
- Gilmore Girls. A humor series about a Mother and Daughter in the Eastern United States.
The Top 3 Books Of 2003
What were you reading ten years ago? Did you read any of these top-rated books?
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix-J.K. Rowling
- The Da Vinci Code-Dan Brown
- The Time Traveler's Wife-Audrey Niffenegger
Top Cars Of 2003
Here are some of the top rated vehicles from 2003:
- 2003 BMW 3 Series
- 2003 BMW 5 Series
- 2003 Mercedes Benz E55
- 2003 Rolls Royce Phantom
- 2003 Nissan 350Z
- 2003 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro
- 2003 Ferrari Enzo
- 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
- 2003 Acura MDX
- 2003 Land Rover Range Rover
A lot happened in 2003.
How much did you really remember?
Stay in touch for more traveling back in time hubs.
Here is a 2003 news clip:
© G.L. Boudonck
© 2013 Greg Boudonck
More by this Author
Children are our future and there are freaks killing them. Lets catch these evil beings and send them all to hell.
It was the same thing day in and day out. Go to school and do follow the material that had boredom written all over it. I wanted something more; something with substance.
This hub describes the different political parties and their views. Written before the last Presidential election, it still gives people insight. Updated now for the most current Presidential election