Trivia, Trivia, Trivia..............We Love Trivia
Me and Trivia
I love collecting useless tidbits of knowledge. Trivia always gives you something to talk about. With that statement, I'm about to give you 50 conversation starters.
Trivia, Trivia and more Trivia
- Each year 8800 people injure themselves with toothpicks.
- In 1922 Theresa Vaughn committed bigamy 62 times in 5 years, in Sheffield England.
- A crocodile can't stick its tongue out.
- Attila the Hun bled to death from a nosebleed on his wedding night in 453 AD.
- A shrimp's heart is in its head.
- The word skeleton is derived from the Greek, the literal translation is "Dried Up."
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks, or it will digest itself.
- Between 1300-1500 it was illegal for Englishmen to have 3 meals in one day.
- To escape the grip of an alligator, push your thumbs into its eyeballs.
- Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
- The first US President to die in office was William Henry Harrison, in 1841.
- Honey is the only food that does not spoil.
- In 1828 a Dutch chocolate-maker produced the world's first chocolate candy.
- There is a city named "Rome" on every Continent.
- In 1608 Thomas Coyrat introduced eating with a fork to England.
- Peanut is one ingredient in the production of dynamite.
- In the Antarctic Penguin urine make up 3% of the ice.
- Cockroaches can live for 9 days after their head has been cut off.
- Turks call Turkeys American Birds.
- Louis the 14th was born with 2 teeth.
- Most lipstick contain fish scales.
- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- A human can shed up to 40 pounds of skin in a lifetime.
- Bees kill more people each year than snakes.
- The only number in English where the letters are in alphabetical order is 40 (Forty).
- The Elephant is the only animal that can't jump.
- The Kilt originated in France.
- The longest word in the English language typed with the left hand is "stewardesses."
- Children grow faster during spring.
- A snail can sleep for three years.
- A cow can be lead upstairs, but not downstairs.
- Over 6 billion dust mites usually inhabits a typical bed.
- Casinos in Las Vegas don't have clocks.
- A car traveling 100 mph would take more than 29 million years to reach the nearest star.
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
- To keep food from freezing, Eskimos use refrigerators.
- Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 years old or older.
- Scissors were invented by Leonardo de Vinci.
- All polar bears are left handed.
- Mosquitoes have 47 teeth.
- A group of frogs is called an army.
- A group of owls is called a parliament.
- The hamburger was invented by Louis Lassen in 1900. He ground beef, broiled it, and served it between two pieces of toast.
- There are more than twice as many kangaroos as people in Australia.
- The tongue is the strongest muscle in the body.
- Shaking hands transfer more germs than kissing.
- The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows, it was a fashion statement in Renaissance Florence.
- The most popular name in the world is Muhammad.
- A group of rhinos is called a crash.
- Tigers have striped skin not just fur.
Want More Trivia?See results without voting
Links To More Trivia
- 50 Trivia Conversation Starters
Do you want to be the hit of the party, with quirky trivia? Read on and find awesome conversation starters. Trivia, trivia, and more trivia, let's go.
- Trivia, Trivia And More Trivia
Well I did ask on the last hub did you want more. Although I didn't wait for your answer, it's here anyway. I am providing 50 more conversation starters. A 1951 census in India indicated there were...
- BOAT TRIVIA QUIZ
We compiled this Boat Trivia Quiz several years ago, printed up copies and used it at a US Power Squadron rendezvous. Everyone had a great time. Since then, we have used it at several other gatherings of...
- General Knowledge Trivia Quiz
Free Trivia Quiz. Test your general knowledge. Three sets of General Information Trivia Games for you to enjoy.
- Music Trivia Quiz
Let us put your music knowledge in the test, here is a collection of collection of easy to hard free trivia quiz for you to enjoy.
- Trivial Pursuit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
More by this Author
One of our all time favorite comedians, Sinbad.
"I can never do anything right." Is that how you feel, or, is that what you're always told? Does it seem that every endeavor you attempt, falls far short of it's intended goal?
Do you use garlic just as a seasoning for your favorite dishes? Why not step out of your comfort zone, and try using it in other ways. For instance, how about using garlic to help clear up an ear infection or...