Types and colors of snow fall
The view of snow falling is one of the beautiful view which exist in nature. Snow falling is one of such phenomenon of nature which cast a spell on those who see it for the first time. When a person sees falling something like cotton balls, it is difficult for a first timer to believe that this is actually snow. One touches, feels, and then mesmerized for hours in wacthing snow fall. It gives a strange feeling of enjoyment, pleasure and calm inside oneself. And this I am saying due to my own personal experience. And when I shared it with some other friends , they also had same kind of feelings for sighting the snowfall first time.
Normally those who have never been in snow fall, thinks that it is a kind of prolonged hailing. Which, they think, due to freezing temperature outside does not melt and keep on accumulating on ground. While the actual snow fall is diffent from the perception of someone who lives in Sahara, the story does not ends here. There are some facts which most of people from cold places even does not know. And this hub is actually to share some of those kind of thing.
Ice or snow falling is not always as fascinating as I have just explained. It can grow evan such a bigger size that can even seriously harm the people directly exposed to it.
- It can fall in the form of blocks with dimension even larger than 2m or more. Peter B Obrowsky et. Al. (2007) mentioned that there are records which confirm that solid ice blocks fall with diameter of about 2m, on 13 August, 1849 in Scotland.
- A similar event even happened in Cowbay Stadium of Dallas (a city of Texas), when it seriously wounded more than 6 people.
- April 1986, in Bangladesh’s Gopalganj district, there was a catastrophic hail storm with an average weight of hailstone of about 1 Kg. And the event took the lives of more than 96 people.
One more interesting fact about snowfalling is that contrary to ussual experience, it can have other colors than just white. Yes…! Believe it or not but it is true. And there are rocords which prove that snow falling has happened in almost every color you name that is green, black, brown, yellow, reddish etc.
- In 2010 some parts of Russia, there was a snow falling with brown to pink color. It sounds stange but the regional metereologists explain it like this “ Actually the white snow fell first and then there was a short rain just after snowfall, which colored it to pink and pinkish brown. And this was because the rain had the dust and sand particles from Africa, brought by strong winds”
- Amur region in far east of Russia, witnessed, some years ago, a snow fall in yellow region. And this time they blamed winds containing dust from northern China.
- In 2007 there was a snow fall red color in Siberian Federal Distric of Russia. This reddish snow was spread over an area of 1500 Km2.
While these colorful snow sounds “cool” at first, these pose some serious questions alongside. And we as inhabtant of planet Earth need to think and find answers to them before we can fully enjoy the “colors”.
- Why all the incidents of so called “colorful” snow happen to spread over just Russia? (atleast my finding is that thay all happen in Russia, If you now some such thing in other parts of world please share it)
- Is it some kind signal or alert from nature before anything serious? If yes we should seriously need to be prepared for that. As, again according to my finding, all such things happen in just near past that 1 to 2 decades ago, and not before that. What does this means?
- Is this a result of global weather change or ? global warming
- Is this a result of some special kind of industrial or environmental polloution happened just in these areas?
If we someday would find answers of above questions, and will have found normal in every aspect, only then we have all the reasons to enjoy the colorfulness of snow. And taking it as another captivative phenomenon of for us. nature
If you want to share something like this, I would appreciate if you just write in comments about it. Similary you are also welcome to mention any mistake or possibility to improve the hub.
More by this Author
Why you want to know the Admin password? Probably because of your company’s IT security policies, your laptop or computer is connected to domain and you are allowed to use computer, but have limited rights as far...
A good presentation is a chance for you to make a good of bad image, not only for what you are presenting, but your own self. However taking care of some simple tips will help you a lot in becoming a good presenter.