Ways to Avoid Hefty College Loans
Going to college means to get into the process of acquiring the knowledge of developing the powers of reasoning and judgment and preparing for a mature life.
Literacy is considered supreme ‘cause it enlightens the mind and prepares for a brighter tomorrow.
Many noted leaders have quoted Education to be a fruitful experience.
Since, nothing comes for Free; going to college also requires money in fact, lots of money. However, when an individual is determined to educate himself; there are ways to avoid hefty college loans.
Some of the tricks are below:
- Get some cash flow by getting a job where the income is sufficient to pay the ongoing bills. Cash is king and an individual got to keep a detailed cash flow projection before taking a loan on his/her education.
- Research student loans and find how much federal aid you are eligible for. Go to FAFSA and get to know what your worth.
- Home - FAFSA on the Web-Federal Student Aid
Federal Student Aid is a part of the U.S. Department of Education and is the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation. They help college make possible for every dedicated soul.
- Once you know your worth. Choose a couple of colleges that fit your budget. It’s never advisable to take a big leap on your financial loans. Always be within your budget; since that will help you pay back the loan once you are a graduate. Public or state universities can be overwhelming ‘cause of the size but large schools offer more scholarships, internships and more resources like tuition installment plans that can make going to college affordable.
- Also look into universities that offer tuition compact program where the tuition cost would not rise until the student graduates. That is another good way to save on costs.
- Apply for as many Scholarships you can qualify for. There is a chance that you will get only 1 or 2.
- Purchase your textbooks before the semester starts and try to get it from sites that guarantee cheaper rates and give you good bargains.
Some of the sites are:
- Textbooks | College Textbooks | New Textbooks | Used Textbooks | College Textbooks | Cheap Textbooks
Campus Books carries over 8 million new and used college textbooks in one convenient location. We've searched thousands of sellers to help you find the lowest textbook price online. Visit us at CampusBooks.com to purchase discount textbooks.
- BIGWORDS.com | Buy Textbooks | Sell Textbooks | Used College Textbooks | New College Textbooks | Tex
Textbook price comparison search engine. New and used textbook prices and textbook buyback prices. We believe BIGWORDS.com is the best way to buy or sell textbooks, DVDs, video games, and music.
- Textbooks | Used Textbooks | Cheap Textbooks at Textbooks.com
Textbooks up to 90% off in stock now. Largest selection of used and new college textbooks online plus fast, free shipping. Rent textbooks or sell textbooks back all at Textbooks.com.
Some other options to save on money is:
- Get on-campus jobs ‘cause that does not need you to travel far and your employer would be understanding of your class schedules and project obligations. However, on-campus jobs are for the school year only. If the individual plans to continue their job all year, he/she should inquire about summer employment.
- Experience counts. Any kind of college job will go on the student’s resume and be regarded as work experience.
- It is never too late to look for new scholarship applications. Any break can be a good time to explore new scholarship options. Apply for as many external scholarships you qualify for, since not all offer the same choices. Below is the list of some external sources, which hand out money to students under different criteria’s.
Below is a list of sites that have proved useful to many for getting scholarships.
- International Financial Aid College Scholarship Search | IEFA
The International Financial Aid Center offers financial aid, college scholarships, grants and awards search for international students studying abroad.
- GoCollege - The Number One College Bound Website on the Internet
Comprehensive resource covering college admissions, financial aid, educational options, and surviving college.
- Online College Degrees | Accredited Colleges offering Degrees Online
Information on online college degrees,college scholarships and financial aid, free college scholarship searches, colleges and universities, and college and university admissions and financial aid office email addresses and telephone numbers
- Scholarships.com: Free College Scholarship Search | College Recruiting | Financial Aid Infor
Conduct a college scholarship & financial aid search at Scholarships.com. Free scholarship search and college search for students of all ages. Find Free Money for College
- FreSch! Search4Scholarships.com - Welcome to FreSch! The Free Scholarship Search and Information Ser
FreSch! has a database of over 5,000 organizations and foundations that offer scholarships, representing approximately 450,000 awards.
- Fastweb : Scholarships, Financial Aid, Student Loans and Colleges
This is a one-stop shot for Scholarships, Colleges, and Financial Aid for any kind of student.
- Fastaid Free Scholarship Search -- The Fastest Way To Find Money For School!
This is largest and oldest private sector offering scholarships in graduate programs, worldwide scholarships, fellowships, grants and undergraduate colleges
Some other options also include:
- Community Colleges are also a good and cheap source to finish your pre-requisites prior to enrolling in a semester in college. Once the pre-requisites are done, make sure they are transferred to the college of your choice.
- When it gets overwhelming there is no harm in taking a break from your academics and getting a full time job to stock up on your cash flow.
Going to college gives a person confidence to deal with the day-to-day challenges. I am sure; we will have a brighter and confident future generation to take on the reins of our country and help make wise decisions to keep this planet a safe and serene place for all living beings.
More by this Author
Aging is just a number, and this hub talks on ways to stay active when the nest is empty to continue living a life until breath leaves our company!
Do you know the labels that come with the food that you purchase? This hub will take you along the journey of what to eat and what to avoid and what kind of food labels to look for in the market.
Cricket is gaining popularity and is a team sport. It is ideal for children aged 5 and above to learn this game which will help develop their mind, body and spirit.