What Industries are Hiring the Most Workers?
Iron Sculpture in Public Art
Top Industries in America
The question "Which industries are most in need of manpower?" in regard to Art History and Industrial Art was asked by hubpages222. This is a good question to ask in the mid-summer of 2009 at the beginning of the ARRA Stimulus Projects implementation.
America is seeing the opening of related Stimulus Jobs that are set to rise and maintain at least through 2012 and the end of President Barack Obama's current American presidential term. many of the Stimulus Projects of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 are actually to be completed by the end of 2011 and it is hoped that related jobs created will be maintained in our nation's economy.
When we speak of industry or industries, we as readers and listeners often envision an industrial complex like an automobile manufacturing plant, a steel producing factory, or even a plastics factory like that shown on TV's early Rosanne show, set near Chicago. We might think of steel workers and automakers.
Agricultural industries exist as well, including meat packing and slaughter houses, vegetable processing, and other crop and animal processing operations. Timber cutting and processing is also an industry, just as textile manufacturing and coal mining are industries. In fact, any sort of work is known as part of a specific industry to the US Federal Government's Department of Labor. Healthcare is an industry as well, and also called part of the larger Service Industry. Information Technology (IT) is an industry. Education is an industry. In 21st Century America, service industries are increasing in type, use, demand, and numbers; while some other industries are declining. Top industries in America that demand the highestest numbers of workers (manpower) may not be those expected by the American public and American workers.
- The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation
As the only organization founded by Wright to be the repository of his life’s work and ideas and the first to bear his name, we are building upon our rich heritage to help 21st century society ...
- Industrial Art and Design
America's industrial design profession emerged during the Great Depression of the 1930s when manufacturers turned to appearance design to differentiate their products and boost sales.
- Industrial Art Gallery
Many fascinating images and designs.
International Leonardo Bridge Project - Art and Construction
- History - Leonardo's Design - The Leonardo Bridge Project
The Leonardo Bridge Project is a public arts project that will connect diverse and distant communities through the construction of one very special bridge. It is a bridge designed in 1502 by the universal genius Leonardo da Vinci but never constructe
ENERGY - 2012 OIL AND NATURAL GAS BOOM
Shale oil and natural gas discovery and extraction reached a peak in 4th QTR 2011 and 1st QTR 2012 and plateaued, because some of the states involved did not have enough placed to live to house all the workers needed. Some states had asked for help from the US Federal Government back in 2010 to accommodate oilfield workers with additional living spaces, but the help was slow. Look at the states below that have enough oil and natural gas to fuel all of North America for decades. While Texas demands the Keystone Pipeline to open additional jobs, these states already have the jobs and need housing. Which is easier to build - an apartment building or an oil pipeline?
- Where to Find Bakken Oil Boom Jobs -- 50,000% Increase In Jobs
Oil was discovered in the Bakken Oil Field in 1951, but an American Oil Boom and its increasing jobs hit here at New Town and a 50-plus-mile radius after 2009. New Town, North Dakota projects 500 new oil wells by 2015 and the Unemployment Rate is in
- $3.25 Billion for Jobs - Top 10 Growing Oil and Gas ...
New jobs for 2012 in Oil and Natural Gas and the industries needed to support them are opening along highways I-77 and I-70 in Ohio. the high demand jobs are expected to be hot and growing through the next few decades. The companies doing the hiring
- Best High-Paying High Demand Oil and Gas Jobs in Pen...
Chesapeake Energy, active in the $3.25 Billion worth of oil and natural gas deals cut in Eastern and Southern Ohio for early 2012, is also active in Pennsylvania for the next decade or longer. The company announced in late December 2011 its plans to.
Healthcare is Number 1 Industry
Industrial Arts are important in the Top 5 Industries in America requiring the most manpower from 2009 - 2012, although not in the number-one spot. Industrial Arts likely include the Number 3 and Number 4 spots as far as manpower goes, as listed below under "MANPOWER REQUIREMENTS."
During the Summer of 2009, approximately 7-8 months into President Barack Obama's first year in office, the job of PHYSICAL THERAPIST is the job title most often listed by employers in online job search engines and company Human Resources pages.
This job is included in the Healthcare Industry, making Healthcare the single American industry requiring the most manpower. While needed in many US States, physical therapists are in greatest demand in Texas, in its largest cities but also in its smaller towns. See related available jobs and employment trends at:
- Hot Jobs in Texas - city-by-city manpower needs review in this southwestern state.
- As another example, a review of New York City manpower needs, stimulus jobs and how to find them in the Northeast: New York City Recovery Zone.
The ARRA Stimulus-related projects will open construction jobs and related occupations - engineers, supervisors, estimators, technicians, etc. - on projects involving highways, bridges, railroads, and buildings (especially in revitalizing urban areas for future growth). Education and child care positions are also opening up under the ARRA; and energy-related jobs are definitely opening under Stimulus projects, also including a variety of engineers, technicians and related occupational titles.
→ New construction and energy-related jobs are most reconcilable with the type of work many individuals identify with the word industry. √
From working with industrial data, including Federal and State employment projections (forecasts) and actual job listings and employment trends to be found, I find the top manpower requirements to be evident in the following industries at this point, mid-2009 and likely through at least to the end of 2011 and perhaps beyond. These Include:
- Healthcare Industry - Physical therapists, occupational therapists, physicians and specialists, Nurses: RNs, LPNs, LVNs; nursing aides, healthcare support.
- Education - Teachers, teaching assistants, school lunch programs, others.
- Construction and Infrastructure - US National Guard jobs in many states, transportation media, bridges, and roads; new "green" commercial and residential buildings, "green" rehabilitation of current buildings (especially in urban areas); others.
- Energy - For example, read about Green Oil, made from algae, at Hot Jobs in Santa Fe. Many sources of alternative energy and fuels are targeted from development and new job creation across the USA. Oil and Natural Gas jobs are booming in North Dakota, Ohio, and Pennsylvania and are expected to be in high demand at least through 2020.
- Child Care - Helps parents and other caretakers maintain employment.
Infrastructure Transportation Projects from ARRA
A Vision for American High Speed Rail
High Speed Rail Around the World
Economic Improvement via High Speed Rail
Traditional Concept of Industry & Industrial Art
The Stimulus Jobs created 2009 - 2012 that most resemble the popular concept of industry will be those in Infrastructure/Construction, and Energy. Especially in the construction trades, arts and industrial arts are quite evident from bridge design, building architecture, materials & design, computer design (CAD/CAM, etc.), landscaping, metal work, ornamental iron, friezes, ornmental plastering, sculptures, and dozens of other categories. The leading Construction-type jobs at this time include the following list gathered from Internet job search engines and employer websites, all crawled by Indeed.com..
CONSTRUCTION RELATED JOBS
- Part-Time Sales and Support in industrial parts, tools, and supplies
- Project Managers - Construction related.
- Heavy Construction Equipment Operators
- Indirect Fire Infantrymen
- Operations Intelligence Apprentices
- Combat Engineers, US Military
- Railway Operations Crewmembers, US Military
- Builders, Us Military
- Carpentry & Masonry Specialists
- Electrical Engineers
- SERE - "Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape" Instructors
- Construction - Truck Drivers
- Systems Engineers
- Engineering Technicians
- Trades Helpers - Carpenter helpers and others.
High Speed Rail
© 2009, 2011, 2012; Patty Inglish. All Rights Reserved
More by this Author
You may have heard of many famous twins, long-lost twins, and Siamese twins, but none are quite like our Ronnie and Donnie Galyon.
Which phrase is correct in proper English grammar–"in person" or "in-person"? Is it an adjective or an adverb? The answer depends on context.
After writing resumes, cover letters, and job applications, candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. Here's what to avoid saying during the interview.