What is Refrigerant and its properties
REFRIGERANT:A heat carrier must be use to move heat from the interior of a cabinet or room to the outside. Thus in refrigerating system fluids which absorb heat inside the cabinet and release it out side are called refrigerant. The ideal refrigerant would be one that could liberate all the heat that it is capable of absorbing. The refrigerant changes from liquid to vapor during the process of absorbing heat and condenses again to liquid while liberating heat in most of the refrigerating systems.
PROPERTIES OF A GOOD REFRIGERANT: The properties of a good refrigerant for commercial use are:
- · it should be nonpoisonous.
- · it should be non explosive
- · it should be non corrosive
- · it must be nonflammable
- · Leaks should be easy to detect.
- · Leaks should be easy to locate.
- · It should operate under low pressure.
- · Part moving in the fluid should be easy to lubricate.
- · It should be nontoxic (not harmful if inhaled or if spilled on skin).
- · It should be a stable gas.
More by this Author
The vapor absorption system differs from the compression system in a way that it uses heat energy instead of mechanical energy to make a change in the conditions necessary to complete the refrigeration cycle. The heat...
The most popular type of refrigerator which employs vapor absorption system is the electrolux refrigerator. It works on three fluid absorption system. A three fluid system employs a refrigerant, a solvent and an inert...
The means through which data is transformed from one place to another is called transmission or communication media. There are two categories of transmission media used in computer communications. BOUNDED/GUIDED...
No comments yet.