Class Warfare:Why The Rich Need The Poor
So we have came upon of bit of class warfare recently in this country, drawing some pretty elitist answers when many entitlement programs come into the conversation. Comments such as “they” should stop having children and we should let them starve to death, suits them right. I also read one comment that said we should sterilize all the poor people because “we” do not want to take care of them anymore. So that got me wondering, who needs each other more, the poor or the rich and what would life be like if we were all elites and there were no poor people in the world.
So here is my idea on the subject, why the 1% actually need the other 99% , whether you like it or not. I am not going to debate who is poor and who is rich, so I will make my point figuring those making less than 50,000 a year are poor, and if not now, the way inflation is going, you will be poor soon. So what would life as an elitist be without all those little people that are scorned so much?
Let’s start in the morning. What are you going to eat? There is no milk because there is no farmers or helpers, no cereal because there are no factory workers to box your food. No eggs or bacon, because as we have already established the 1% of the population that farms isn’t there anymore because they are the unneeded poor. So what shall you eat. Now that you are hungry, let’s go to your clothes, or sorry there are none. Most of our clothes are not even made in this country, they are made by poor children in other countries for pennies a day.
Driving to work, oh wait, who is going to build your car, or pump the gas to get your to work. Those that pump it out of the ground may make over 50,000 a year, but doubt all of them do. Surely the gas station clerk will not though. So you go to work and be fabulous now, but oh no you will have to field thousands of calls a day because I doubt you pay your secretary enough to not be considered poor. Lunch time, no good luck there because no one in fast food will make what you consider enough.
Your children will not have teachers because we all know what they make. Your wife will actually have to care for her own kids because there will be no one there to do it for them. Which means she will also have to cook, clean and do all the ugliness the poor do for you. And who do you suppose is going to pck up your trash?
Who is going to run your company while you crunch numbers and be fabulous, no one. You will not survive paying a good wage and the world will stop turning. If you could somehow get some work done, services or goods made, how are you going to get them to the consumer. Then if you can get them to the consumer, who is going to collect money for you at the store?
So you see my 1%, these are only a few reasons why you need the poor. You may hate us, I make way under 50,000 a year, your life would be fabulously empty. No newspapers to tell the world of your wealth, no police to keep your elitist butt safe, no one lesser to look down upon. So you can hate having to help a family with 5 dollars a day to feed their family and look down on them, but you need poor people period. So have a bit of empathy my friend, the world works with all of us, just imagine your life without all the little people you seem to thump your nose at. Because if you did learn to cook, clean, make clothes and everything else the poor know how to do and do for you, dare I say, you wouldn’t be rich anymore. Or you would be naked, no utilities, hungry, vulnerable and without a home.
More by this Author
There are many hazards that we all have a chance of coming in contact with and having negative effects on a person’s well being. There are four major categories of this such environmental hazards; cultural,...
Humans are one of the largest consumers on Earth and hands down use and impact more of the world’s supply of natural resources than any other species. Maybe it is due to the sheer size of the species, or maybe it...
bing images After being diagnosed with this disease in October of 2008, I was surprised and dismayed to find so little information on Pseudotumor cerebri. Sure you can find medical reports and statistics, but the...