Knowledge, Insights, and bits of Wisdom
Knowledge is Power, Ignorance is not Bliss
- Children soak up knowledge like a sponge, but it is our job as their parents to give them the most of this world as we can, for they only know what we show them for the first few years of their life. The only way a child can grow up to become a good parent, is if you are one first. They will as adults repeat what you have shown them in childhood.
- There is nothing in life that comes close to comparing to a brother. When the world puts you down, your brother will never let you down.
- Every three year old child believes that when he/she closes their eyes, they become invisible.
- A friend is someone who, after the party is over, is still there to help you take out the trash.
- If you say that you can't do something you are defeated before you even begin. When you say that you can't, what you are really meaning is that you won't.
- The only cure for addiction, is substitution, whether the addiction is to a substance or a behavior.
- Set goals for yourself, and achieve them. If you are feeling overwhelmed or feel like you are in a rut, make a "To Do" list for yourself in the morning. If, by the end of the day you have done just one thing that is on that list, feel good about yourself, for you are getting somewhere.
- Faith is knowing that you can trust and rely on things that you cannot prove or see.
- Procrastination is a long word that means future laziness.
- There are several emotions that are not only a waste of time and energy, but will also cause you emotional and physical harm. Hate is one of them. You can hate your neighbor for ten years, and he may never even know it, nor will it effect his life in the least. Yet, after ten years of hating your neighbor, you will have lost sleep , and possibly have ulcers. Worry is another emotion that is a negative and non productive waste of time. If you are concerned enough about a problem to worry about it, then take it a step further and just do something about it instead.
- If you get lost, always turn left, but never more than twice.
- You can teach an old dog new tricks if you have enough doggie biscuits in your pocket. If your dog does not like someone who comes to your house, watch this individual closely, for dogs have extremely good instincts when it comes to judging a persons character.
- If your watch does not work in California, moving it to New York is not going to fix the problem.
- Watching television is a substitute for real living.
- If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, walks like a duck and you can hear it quacking, chances are very good that it is indeed a duck.
- Question authority.
- There is not a person on earth that has control over even a minute of his life or destiny.
- Think before you act or speak, and never do or say anything that you will later regret. If you think you might regret it, save yourself a lot of emotional stress and DO NOT DO IT. Remember, that once you say something, there is no way you will be able to retrieve those words. They are out there, and have been heard. Even if you apologize, and are forgiven, the words you have spoken will always be remembered, regardless of what you do later to try and fix it.
- If a person does something that is wrong, he should go to the person he wronged and apologize. If the offense is then repeated, this means that the person was or is not sorry to begin with, but simply trying to make peace, and get away with it. You can be sure this pattern will be repeated over and over, for he has found that it works. Saying you are sorry has no meaning if the offense keeps happening.
- Adversity builds character and gives one moral and emotional strength. Knowledge is power.
- You cannot expect anybody to do something that you are not willing to do yourself. All great leaders lead by example. If you want something done, begin the task yourself, and you can be sure that all the rest will follow you, without even having to say a word..
- If you cannot help solve the problem, do not become part of it. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.. You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that that created the problem to start with.
- Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn the knowledge. Wisdom cannot be learned, but is only acquired with years of life's experiences.
- The only way people will be inclined to listen to you, is if you first can hear them.
More by this Author
I am sure that we have all heard the term, "Hole in our ozone layer", so what is that exactly? Does our atmosphere actually have a hole in it, and is that even possible? Lets take a look at this now
Daily thoughts and pieces of information that might help you think about things a different way. You will not see these in any other place.
She was half pit bull and half wolf, and she was not like any other dog I had ever had. She was smart, and led her own life.