Weird Trivia About Earth And Beyond
Earth And Beyond Facts
Trivia About Earth And More
Find great facts on earth and beyond. Who doesn't want to learn more about our planet and the things on it, in it, and around it! You will be pretty shocked by a few of these facts, and laugh about others. So, prepare to learn a lot about our world and beyond! And be sure to test your knowledge by taking the quiz at the end!
Having A Little Fun
1. Strangely enough, if you are in a hurry time travel may not be for you. The fact about time traveling is that the closer you get to the speed of light, time actually slows down.
2. If you are someone who enjoys fun and rafting on rivers, Saudi Arabia is NOT for you. There are zero rivers located in that country.
3. Californians can get a little freaked out over earthquakes, you know, falling into the pacific ocean and all. In actuality, Alaska is the state that has the most earthquakes in the good ole' US of A!
4. When traveling to Istanbul, Turkey, what continent will you be on? Well, because this country is located on two different continents, you can be in either Asia or Europe! Now that's getting the most out of your vacation!
5. If you have a lot of time on your hands and could use a little good luck, try counting clovers. After several hours you should find the one in 10,000 clovers that actually have four leafs! No wonder four-leaf clovers are considered good luck.
Great Places To Learn About The Planet Earth And Beyond
Clouds and More
6. Ten years ago, clouds formed much higher in the sky then they do today. Global warm-what?
7. If you ever wondered what moondust smells like, ask your gun savvy friends. They smell the exact same aroma by taking a whiff of gunpowder.
8. It is a good thing they are being made much smaller these days, because there are more than a Billion motorized vehicles on earth.
9. As difficult as you can imagine getting the earth's moon onto a scale would be, it has been measured to weigh 81,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons! (73,000,000,000,000,000,000 metric tons).
10. Everyone knows that the planet Saturn has rings and moons surrounding it. What is less known is that this planet has no land whatsoever.
More Cool Facts About The Planet Saturn!
-40° Fahrenheit or Celsius
What You Think Really Does Matter!
What type of trivia interest you the most?See results without voting
Temperatures, Planets And SKin
11. No matter if you measure it in Fahrenheit or Celsius, the only temperature that remains the same in both formulas is -40°.
12. Not so earth related, but a novel bit of rare trivia anyway, the doll we have casually referred to as "Barbie" for all these years has a much more formal proper name; Barbara Millicent Roberts.
13. Next time you accidentally crack a mirror or window, think about this; each of those fractures and cracks is traveling faster than 3,000 miles per hour.
14. Europa—one of planet Jupiter's moons—is suspected of harboring two-times as much water as does all of the oceans on the planet earth.
15. Your body will shed and regrow its skin once every single month. Now you know why things keep getting dusty around the house, it all those skin cells falling on your furniture! (Yuck!)
Earth Above And Beyond
16. Being in the construction business is a first rate choice if you reside in China. A new skyscraper is erected there every month.
17. If it were possible to hop in your car and take a drive to the sun, you would surely want to pack loads of snacks! This road trip is going to take you around 190 years.
18. While we are still thinking about the sun, it takes several thousands of years for the light to make the trip from the sun's core to the sun's surface. And you thought driving there took a while!
19. Another interesting thing about our sun is this; every once in a while one of the sun's sunspots—those flaring magnetic fields on the sun—gets bigger than the entire planet earth!
20. Bees can't see red; but ultraviolet, yellow, blue, and blue-green are all very visible to their busy little eyes.
Quiz About Earth
21. Our universe is flat.
22. A single seed can be blown clear across the ocean to sprout upon a completely different continent.
23. Probably NOT too surprising, but Las Vegas Nevada, USA, has been measured to be the brightest location on the planet.
24. If you look close—and who hasn't—you will find that every pair of bees knees is totally facing backwards.
25. The number of people on earth is out numbered 2 to 1 by chickens.
About The Earth Trivia Quiz At Right
Hopefully you found some information that is new to your earth knowledge repertoire here today. If you think you have more insight into this big blue planet we call earth, try your hand at the earth quiz at right. Some people may find it to be a lot more difficult than expected. Have fun, and good luck!
More by this Author
Food Chain for children can be used in a classroom setting or for home studies. A lesson on the food chain that defines which creatures fit where, and how the human species stays on top without any sharp teeth or claws....
You will find a ton of facts about the black widow spider. Is the male spider poisonous? How come a bite can kill you? How to handle first aid after a bite, and of course how to kill this eight-legged freak! Tips for...
The most common people foods are the most deadly to your dog. This list surprises even the most knowledgeable of dog people.