- Five minutes ago I asked my husband if he wanted anything from the kitchen.
-All day I answered people's questions (here and at permies.com), with practical support to help them create beauty, stay warm and safe, or share the planet.
- Last weekend I talked about religion with my in-laws, and we both enjoyed it.
- Last month I put out more documentation for some highly efficient, biofueled, thermal mass heaters that could help reduce both smog and deforestation, while keeping folks from freezing to death; and they make 'doing the right thing' appealing by being indulgently comfortable. Over the next six months, I am putting together a series of workshops to share these with people along I-90 and the eastern states. This is ongoing; our last 5 years' work.
- Last year I introduced 60+ kindygardeners to the outdoor survival skills of drinking water, eating healthy snacks, and being polite to each other. And shared great, low-cost, activities with another 30 childcare providers, camp staff, and teachers so their kids can enjoy similar outdoor fun.
- In the next 5 years, I plan to help my husband build a large boat that he wants to use for coastal disaster relief.
- The 20-year plan, if we be blessed with children, is to raise them with enough 'boat time' to carry on his family's longstanding maritime tradition.
What am I doing for myself?
Eating well, sleeping late, enjoying my marriage, making things, and keeping everything else in perspective.