Peggy W profile image 87

How is the subject of history being taught in our schools today?

Is it more or less important (in your opinion) than other subjects? How will it impact a student's life in the future?

teaches12345 profile image93

Dianna Mendez (teaches12345) says

• Peggy W profile image

Peggy Woods (Peggy W) 4 years ago

That is a shame. History is just what it is and should not be altered to suit the whims or current thoughts of being "politically correct" because that changes the actual facts...or ignores them.

cperuzzi profile image94

Christopher Peruzzi (cperuzzi) says

• Peggy W profile image

Peggy Woods (Peggy W) 4 years ago

I think that you are right and as that quote states, if we do not learn from the past, we are "doomed to repeat it." History should be taught with the unvarnished facts as they exist. To revise it to make it "politically correct" is simply a lie.

Alastar Packer profile image82

Alastar Packer says

• Peggy W profile image

Peggy Woods (Peggy W) 4 years ago

That is sad that some teachers/professors are trying to teach a revisionist type of history. We should be able to learn from the real facts of yesterday...not what some people want us to think or know.

0

Larry Wall says

• Peggy W profile image

Peggy Woods (Peggy W) 4 years ago

Texas history was equally stressed in one of the grades also. I missed that because of my age, moving from Wisconsin to Texas but my 2 brothers became well versed in the TX. state history. I wonder how much of today is spent on past vs. present?