Bad teachers: Are teachers causing children to have low self esteem?

Many teachers use bullying, sarcasm, time out, embarrassment, praise to bring one child up and put others down and intimidation to get the desired behaviours from children. But what is this doing to childrens emotional development?

• dianetrotter profile image

G. Diane Nelson Trotter (dianetrotter) 3 years ago

Tenure is not the reason we have cruel teachers. Most teachers are not cruel. When teachers are cruel, it is a violation of their contract. I've talked to several parents who were told by their children that I was mean and show favoritism.

dianetrotter profile image82

G. Diane Nelson Trotter (dianetrotter) says

• Garifalia 3 years ago

There is an underlying cause for the girl getting into trouble and it begins in her family. Have you tried speaking privately with the girl to see if you can get through to her? It may be that her father has abandoned them, her mom works: neglect

Garifalia says

• Clementine8 3 years ago

Thanks for the great answer. I agree with many of your points. Teachers are the first bullies and then other children follow their example. Also many teachers work long hours for low pay which can lead to burn out and loss of love for the job.