prektjr.dc profile image 88

Have you experienced thunder snow before?

Snow is typically a soft and quiet event. When a thunderstorm strikes at the same time as a winter storm, however, it can produce a thunderstorm and snow at the same time, called thunder snow. It is happening here right now! Large hail, snow and lightning all together!

Rock_nj profile image89

Best Answer John Coviello (Rock_nj) says

• prektjr.dc profile image

Debbie Carey (prektjr.dc) 3 years ago

Rock_nj, I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing that! Thanks for answering! Keep warm! You have this storm heading your way!

JimTxMiller profile image86

Jim Miller (JimTxMiller) says

• prektjr.dc profile image

Debbie Carey (prektjr.dc) 3 years ago

JimTxMiller, Thank you for answering! You do sound like you are close! It was the first time for me! It was oddly exciting! Have a great day!

Esmeowl12 profile image84

Cindy A. Johnson (Esmeowl12) says

• prektjr.dc profile image

Debbie Carey (prektjr.dc) 3 years ago

Esmeowl12,

That is the perfect word for it...unnerving! I was excited and a bit intimidated! Sure made it hard to sleep, so I stayed up and wrote some hubs! Thanks for answering!

torrilynn profile image82

torrilynn says

• prektjr.dc profile image

Debbie Carey (prektjr.dc) 3 years ago

torrilynn, I hadn't heard it before, but I also live in the midwest! Thanks for answering!