Dreamhowl profile image 93

Is there a way to repel bees and wasps from coming indoors?

I share a room in a house with my boyfriend, and it seems that bees and wasps are finding their way in. This isn't entirely new, but it is happening more frequently. It looks like they seek refuge in the light fixtures near the window and stay there, either until they die or we find them. Bees freak me out, partially because I have never been stung and partially because I worry about my two pets rats, which also live in our room. I want to avoid chemical sprays indoors for this reason.

0

Best Answer sheilamyers says

• Dreamhowl profile image

Jessica Marello (Dreamhowl) 3 years ago

The only places I can think of that they are getting in are a built-in-the-wall air conditioner that is out of commission, or the window with the working air conditioner in it. We will try to spray there regularly, it may keep them away. Thanks!

JohnGreasyGamer profile image90

John Roberts (JohnGreasyGamer) says

• Dreamhowl profile image

Jessica Marello (Dreamhowl) 3 years ago

I'll have to take a look at that! I haven't seen a nest this year though we did find one last year. I have also been spraying around the inside of the AC and window with kid's insect repellent - it has oils that they don't like the smell of. Thanks!