Lady Guinevere profile image 60

How is it that we had to purchase territory from France, if the British colonists here here first?

I was watching Aerial America lst night that was on the Dakota territory and we had to purchase the land from France. If we were here first then how is it that we had to purchase the land from France? They had to have had it first. So how did they get here before the British?

alancaster149 profile image87

Best Answer Alan Robert Lancaster (alancaster149) says

• Lady Guinevere profile image

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) 2 years ago

Thanks for all that information. Interesting about the copper bottom boats. I never heard of that.

Old-Empresario profile image89

Old-Empresario says

dahoglund profile image83

Don A. Hoglund (dahoglund) says

• Rod Marsden profile image

Rod Marsden 2 years ago

I agree dahoglund different parts of what is now the USA were first settled by different European powers. Doesn't Los Angeles sound Spanish? San Francisco also Spanish? Baton Rouge sounds French. Orleans is a city in France hence New Orleans...

• Lady Guinevere profile image

Thank you for all that information. I am now wondering what we were taught in school and are they teaching all the right things now.

• Lady Guinevere profile image

Yeah, he would do that as far as history tells us of him. Sounds kind of familiar with what is going on the int Middle East and our very own Military Generals. Put it this way..we need no other country's oil.