Billie Kelpin profile image 91

The feeling of "fitting in" - does it allude you or gratify you?

What IS the feeling of "fitting in"? Where have you ever felt that you DO fit in? Where do you feel you DON'T fit in? Have you once felt you fit in somewhere in some way and now you feel the opposite? Or vice-versa: Have you always felt you DIDN'T fit in and now DO? I was just listening to Terry Gross' interview of the author "So We Read On, How the Great Gatsby Came to Be..." and that concept of not fitting in that Fitzgerald and his character Gatsby felt is intriguing. What's your take on "fitting in"?

deecoleworld profile image84

Best Answer deecoleworld says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 2 years ago

d, a wonderful total analysis of the ques. of fitting in. I was listening to Terry Gross interview the author who wrote "So We Read On..." exploring the themes of "The Great Gatsby" when the topic came to me. It's all about authenticity, isn't it?

jhamann profile image87

Jamie Lee Hamann (jhamann) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 2 years ago

Jamie, I'm so glad you wrote because now I found your poetry! I love your writing, your topics, your titles! So introverts feel left out, too? (tee hee) Thank you for your insightful comment. Cheers, Billie

Penny G profile image79

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 2 years ago

Penny, Very Great Attitude. Love the way you put this, especially "I'm not for everyone." Accepting that about ourselves is really important, I think :)

Aniket Lawand profile image75

Aniket Lawand says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 2 years ago

Aniket, Insightful! Thank you. I'm posing the ques to explore people's experiences. It sounds as if you're saying that if we feel we don't fit in, we're in the wrong group. I was part of a team once where all of us were in sync. It was wonderful!