Robie Benve profile image 93

Is it all right for a child to learn to play three musical instruments at once?

I have my daughter play the piano, which she has done for two years now, plus she joined orchestra in school and is learning how to play the violin, plus she is joining an ukulele orchestra and will have to learn to play ukulele soon. I am wondering: Is that too much for a nine-year-old? Or is it better to expose her to a variety of music, instruments, and teachers to foster her love for music?

SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image86

Sanjay Sharma (SANJAY LAKHANPAL) says

lisavollrath profile image89

Lisa Vollrath (lisavollrath) says

• DaisysJourney profile image

DaisysJourney 2 years ago

Agreed! I started piano at 4, added violin at 9, and voice lessons at 14. It made sense and all three stringed instruments (piano, violin, and ukelele) are like cousins :) Let her feel the love of music!!

• Robie Benve profile image

Robie Benve 2 years ago

She chose to learn all three instruments. They are all optional classes that she could take, and she asked to join, two are in school, one (piano) is privately. But she's not forced to play neither, it's her choice.

favored profile image57

Fay Favored (favored) says

• Robie Benve profile image

Robie Benve 2 years ago

Thanks for defining her gifted. :) She's a smart girl, cheerful and outgoing. I have the feeling that it'd be more the music practices to suffer from play-dates than the other way around. :) You're right she needs my full support, and she got it. :)