tsmog profile image 84

How many earthquakes have you experienced, of which you truly realized and sensed as an earthquake?

Rochelle Frank profile image88

Best Answer Rochelle Frank says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 21 months ago

Living in CA a large portion of my life I remember the Borrego Mountain Earthquake of '68. It tossed me out of the top bunk bed. That is the 'first' earthquake I can remember. I was a freshman in H.S. that year. A creek not far away changed course.

Sharp Points profile image92

Sharp Points says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 21 months ago

Did you ever see the movie Phenomena where Travolta predicts an earthquake. I get a giggle + giggle with that scene thinking of here in the San Diego area. I experienced them frequently a few years when I lived in Palmdale, Ca especially back in '68

janshares profile image88

Janis Leslie Evans (janshares) says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 21 months ago

It is really odd how one feels the waves rolling along. I can share it is like being on a raft in the ocean. It has the same sensation as you feel the ground roll underneath you . . . really weird for sure. I bet the session had an interesting ending

Babbyii profile image84

Barb Johnson (Babbyii) says

KEPitz1005 profile image60

Kathleen E. Pitz (KEPitz1005) says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 21 months ago

Frightening. Was that the first experience or the first major experience? In elementary school during the early 60's in Barstow we had earthquake drills where we dove under our desks. I wonder if they have those today? I Jump in a doorway still today

Stella Kaye profile image84

Stella Kaye says