Jackie Lynnley profile image 75

Did you know Vick's Salve will help keep the mosquitoes away?

I have tried everything and they do love me and Vick's works better than anything I have ever used and since it is also good for pain you can just lather it on, as long as you don't mind the smell...but then that is what keeps the bugs away! Did you know that? (image- fransiscup.blogspot)

Au fait profile image95

C E Clark (Au fait) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 8 months ago

A doctor told me recently about the Vicks for feet and I wasn't sick so have to wait to see on that but it did feel good on feet all night under socks. Softens like Vaseline too!

I have a eucalyptus tree...hmmmm.

MizBejabbers says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 8 months ago

YW MizB. I break out from the SSS too and in the Vicks I use an off brand like our Dollar Tree has it for $1 & I think it might be less potent (wont swear) seems less to me so maybe try off brand to not bother you. Might try on a cloth, see what!

Annsalo profile image85

Annsalo says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 8 months ago

Guess I just sort of thought Vicks was a natural and I have asthma too & it really helps me breathe like the menthol cough drop (sugar free) do. I use those to breathe easier instead of the inhalants many of which cause panic attacks & worse.

connieow profile image79

Connie S Owens (connieow) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 8 months ago

Sounds expensive if you live where mosquitoes are constant in summer. I had Vicks lathered all over my chest as a kid, never heard of it hurting anyone, not even pregnant women. But thanks for the tips for others allergic to it.

Blond Logic profile image89

Mary Wickison (Blond Logic) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 8 months ago

Do try it, I sure have better results and the odor does go away after a few minutes it seems, or maybe I just use to it! All I know is bugs don't like it and that is good enough for me!

Randall Guinn profile image87

Randall Guinn says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 8 months ago

Hope it works for you Randall, got idea talking to MizB to maybe try it on a cloth that can be reused & might can use less on the body. Anything worth a try. Hm I might try burning mint leaves in the evening. Or newspaper rubbed with Vicks! Wow l

Faith Reaper profile image86

Faith Reaper says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 8 months ago

It is all i use now. I have tried everything else including SSS and all the ones you buy just disappear so fast where the Vicks stays on. I only need it around the house so I don't mind the smell and I shower it off before bedtime anyway.

Rachel L Alba profile image82

Rachel L Alba says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 8 months ago

You are welcome Rachel, I loved finding out about it and just thought I would share it! You may want to check out about using it on your feet too! Comment above tells.