Some Amazing Facts About Birds! This is for Bird lover!
- Mute Swan is the heaviest flying bird.
- Sooty Tern can fly 3-4 years continuously.
- Cassowary is so dangerous that it can kill a man or animal by tearing off with its dagger like claw.
- Penguins can dive down water to a depth of 266 metre and stay there for 18 minutes.
- The mocking bird has the ability to imitate the songs of 40 different birds.
- One of the most strangely named birds is Turkey. It originated in North America and was taken to Europe in 1500s. When the birds were introduced in England around AD 1541, people thought they have come from Turkey and hence named.
- Bats can hear sounds in the frequency range of 1000 to 120,000 Hz and produce sounds 10,000 to 12,000 Hz.
- Vampire bat sucks the blood of animals. It can even suck the blood of human beings.
- European swift is a bird which never touches ground. It eats, drinks, sleeps and even mates while flying.
- Only male canaries can sing.
- The world's fastest flying bird is the peregrine Falcon which can swoop on its prey at speeds of up to 350 km/hr.
- Flamingos owe their distinctive pink colouring to their diet.
- Humming bird can fly backwards.
- Parrot is the only bird that can move both the upper and lower parts of its beak.
- Ostrich eat pebbles to help digestion by grinding up the ingested food.
- The owl can rotate its head by 180 degrees on either side.
- Andean Condor can survive over 70 years.
- The most talkative bird is the African Grey Parrot.
More by this Author
Any of these animals can be the number 1 toxic on earth as it's very hard to judge them. They all contain different toxic chemicals which can kill a human in minutes. So i have rated them based on how much dangerous...
It is possible to see a rainbow as a complete circle from an aeroplane. A litre of vinegar is heavier in winter than in summer. A barrel of juice or wine would take about a year or two to ferment naturally into...
Sharks don't usually attack humans. We are not their natural prey. We get attacked because we resemble some of their prey and the shark makes a mistake in murky waters. For example we look a lot like a seal swimming in...