colon hydrotherapy and enemas
another round of enemas, anyone?
The consumer magazine market appears to be fascinated by enemas or colon hydrotherapy. I get invitations to do interviews on this issue every second year. My stance is dirt simple: enemas are only helpful if you can't fix your constipation otherwise.
Nonetheless, that comment alone cannot make a full article, so here are the fillers:
1. Alternative medicine practitioners think that enemas are helpful in removing toxins from the body and hence can help improve over-all well-being.
2. Some enemas containing various herbs and substances are proposed to help relaxing the body and the mind.
3. There have been reports of serious infection (amoeba, etc) causing serious illness or even death in the 80s in USA, because of inadequate sterilization of equipment.
4. There has been report of individuals contracting anal warts in Hong Kong because of improper cleansing procedures.
5. FDA of USA insist that colon irrigation equipment should only be sold to licensed doctors and have filed charges against organizations marketing these equipments to the public.
6. The reported benefit of colon hydrotherapy or enemas is not unique to this treatment and is generally reported by individuals spending time for other relaxation treatment (in particular massage, spa, aromatherapy, etc).
In summary, I think the risks outweigh the benefits if the treatment is not prescribed by a medical practitioner for treatment of constipation.
More by this Author
Making Millions on eBay is Harder Than They Would Have You Believe Being a full time surgeon doesn't make me immune to internet marketing scams. I do own a couple of websites and am interested in learning. After...
Breast fibroadenomas are at least ten times more common than breast cancer. They are benign tumours in the breast which present as smooth mobile swellings to the patient. Often they are spherical or oval in shape. They...
Last week, I wrote the article entitled Honda Stream RSZ 2.0L Versus Odyssey 2.4L, I promised to tell you which car I bought and challenged you to guess which and why I did it. You may recap what I wrote: There...